Premier Inn Chester Central North Hotel
Oddfellows(Chester)
$185
$64
$139
The Townhouse Chester(Chester)(Great Value!)
$83
$73
Priceline
  • Bar/Lounge
All reviewsthe pubegerton armspub next doorfamily roomattached restaurantcity centremain roadhungry horseplug socketswould stay againminute drivebusy roadgood nights sleepthe ground floornight's sleepcheshire oaksshort stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 23, 2013

As my husband, grandaughter (age 5) visited the Zoo, this was as good as we could get for close proximity. I think it was an older Hotel and very basic. It was clean and the staff were very helpful. The only critisism I would have is that I persponally would have preferred a shower rather than a bath and the room had a very dry atmospheric feel. Next door was the Eggerton Arms where meals were taken. Again very obliging staff and the food was good. Breakfast was cooked to order and if you wanted more you just asked. Can't ask for more than that. We left the car and went by bus (15 yds away) into Chester. All in all, an acceptable Hotel for one night.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Karen D, Manager at Premier Inn Chester Central North Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 8, 2013

Thankyou for taking the time to Reveiw Chester Central North.

We are glad to here you enjoyed your stay with us, and your kind words shall be passed to our hard working team.

Operations Manager

Reviewed February 22, 2013

We stayed at this hotel as it was conveniently located for both Chester town centre and the zoo. The staff were fantastic I can't fault them, they went out of their way to make sure our stay was a good one. The hotel is of the older variety so the decore is basic but having stayed in a newer one I find the layout in the older hotels more practical. We were on the ground floor at the back and were not troubled by traffic noise although we could hear the person upstairs walking around. Fortunately, they must have gone to bed early otherwise it could have been a serious nuisance. I would recommend asking for an upstairs room. The room was basic, but that's what I would expect from this hotel chain. We didn't have to plug anything in so the lack of sockets was not a problem. The only thing that was disappointing was the bed, which was hard, although not desperately uncomfortable. Something I was not aware of before we went is that they will sell you discounted tickets for Chester Zoo, very handy if you are planning a trip there. Overall we were happy with our stay and would return.

Room Tip: Ask for one on the first floor at the back.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

Thankyou for taking the time to share your thoughts of Chester Central North.

We are always happy to hear that our staff meet the needs of our guests and we look foward to your next visit.

Operations Manager

Reviewed February 21, 2013

I stayed at this hotel last night and I can safely say that the staff were supportive, helpful and could not be faulted. The hotel however is seriously lacking.

The room I was in was upstairs as per single lady Premier Inn policy (annoying but understandabe). The room was the basic standard you would expect. it was clean, the bathroom was tiny and the towels not very big but clean.

Now the downsides - there was only two sockets in the room and they were over on the dressing table area - so if you want to watch TV and make a coffee you can't charge your phone at the same time. There were no sockets by the bed which meant the piece of equipment I needed overnight I couldn't use - fortunately it wasn't life threatening. The room did get cold in the middle of the night having been quite toasty on my arrival.

The noise from the road traffic was bad until gone midnight then it settled down and so did I, I did sleep relatively well until about 4am when the traffic started again and the bin men arrived at 6.15, my room naturally looked out over the bins so had I not already been up I would have been.

Breakfast in the pub next door was fine - no issues with that at all even if it was a little dark in there.

Would I stay again - probably if I needed to be in the area as it was easy to find and reasonably located for my needs.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed February 18, 2013

bed was terrible to sleep in cob webs on ceiling every floor creaked people upstairs woke us up with creaky floor bathroom tooo small far distance from anywere very disapointed husband booked it for valentines want a refund :( !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
WhitbreadHotels, Online Customer Service at Premier Inn Chester Central North Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 22, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our hotel. It really matters to us that our guests enjoy every aspect of their stay. We sincerely apologise that on this occasion our hotel fell short of your expectations. Please be assured at Premier Inn we take all feedback seriously and we would like the opportunity to investigate these issues further. Please email your booking details including your reservation number to talktous@premierinn.com and we will follow this up with the Management Team. Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.

Reviewed February 4, 2013

My Wife and I Stayed at this hotel from 24/1/13 to 27/1/13 lovely Hotel great staff too we were welcomed by a very nice polite lady named Sue she went out of her way to settle us in as quick as possible we have used premier inn around the uk in the past and were very pleased with chester north for peace quiet and the great location for viewing Chester and surrounding sites
well done to all staff at premier inn Chester

Room Tip: no problem with noise but i would ask for upstairs rooms as they seem bigger
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Karen D, Manager at Premier Inn Chester Central North Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 10, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review Chester Central north. We are so glad you enjoyed your time in Chester and that our staff were able to provide you with a high standard of service.
I hope you had a fabulous birthday Steve!
We look forward to seeing you again soon.