Premier Inn Chester Central North Hotel
$94
$88
$89
$87
All reviewsthe pubegerton armspub next doorfamily roomattached restaurantcity centremain roadhungry horseplug socketswould stay againminute drivebusy roadgood nights sleepthe ground floornight's sleepcheshire oaksshort stay
Reviewed August 30, 2012

We stayed in this Premier Inn for 4 nights, the staff was very welcoming and helpful. We had a ground floor room that was spacious and clean but you could here the people in the room above from 6.45am which was annoying. The carpark was a pay and display but was given a pass for the car. Public transport to Chester was excellant with a bus every 15 mins. and train to Liverpool from Bache station (5 minute walk from hotel) every 30 minutes, day saver return £4.60 .Pub/restaurant was alright but chips with 90% of food and offered no alternative.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 30, 2012

hotel was as expected except for the room temp, it was over 30 deg window only opened a couple of inches and no air con this made it impossable to sleep. breakfast was SO SLOW it was painful hot food took 50 mins to arrive and buffet was constantly running out of milk, coffee etc.

Room Tip: don't stay in hot weather or expect a good srevice at breakfast and you'll be fine !!!!
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 28, 2012

Room was quite small, with no air con, I had to hunt for a fan! this was a family room but was no leg room to move from one side of the bed as if the beds had been squashed in to make money for saying it was a family room. We got the room cheap £29 saver so for what we paid was ok. The room was extremely stuffy so we didn't get much sleep. Staff ok. Food in the pub next door was ok as well.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 20, 2012

I recently stayed in this premier inn and I stay in premier inns all over the UK as i travel with work. Let me first start with a positive: the staff were very friendly and helpful and went through all the usual information on arrival and provided me with a pass for my car so I didn't need to pay for the carpark.

Once i had checked in I made my way to the room through a very dark corridor, damage to walls and heaters and into my room. I found the usual layout but i had two single beds where I had requested a double and unlike some new or recently refurbished inns there was no plug socket near the bed! (a small thing people might say)

The bathroom was small and although not dirty was just not 100% clean and could have done with refurbishment.

I then went to use the attached pub for my evening meal! I found it relatively busy but had no problem finding a table and looked through the menu which was dirty & sticky. I placed my order at the bar, ordering a starter (combo for one) and a mixed grill for the main. My starter came within 10 minutes and was just ok! everything looked as it had sat too long in the deep fat fryer and was fairly bland.

I then waited for my main meal and i waited and i waited and i waited! After an hour of waiting I went up to the bar to ask where it was and was politely replied an apology, given a free drink and they would chase it up. A few minutes later out it came! I think it had been sitting under the hot lamps for the last hour. Everything was dry and digusting to the taste, even the chips had not been cooked through properly. I then sent it back and just said i didn't want anything else. The bar manager did apologise and cleared my tab without any payment.

In conclusion - i have now stayed in all 3 premier inns in Chester and will not be going back to this one. This is in no regards anything to do with the staff as they were all polite, friendly and very helpful, its just this Premier Inn needs sorting!!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Derek W
Reviewed August 17, 2012

We stayed there for 1 night while visiting Chester zoo it's the 1st time we have stayed there normaly stay in a travel lodge. This hotel is 10 times better than any travel lodge in this area so I would recommend staying here if visiting Chester or Chester zoo like we did, it's about 5-10 min drive to the zoo also easy access from main motorway and also thers a morrisons across the road about a 2 min walk.

• Stayed: August 2012
Karen D, Manager at Premier Inn Chester Central North Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 26, 2012

Thank you for your review on the hotel.
I am very pleased you enjoyed your stay and time at the zoo!
We hope to see you at Chester Central North Premier Inn again soon!