“Alright”

Ranked #25 of 44 Hotels in Chester
Kent, England
“Alright”
Reviewed August 30, 2012

We stayed in this Premier Inn for 4 nights, the staff was very welcoming and helpful. We had a ground floor room that was spacious and clean but you could here the people in the room above from 6.45am which was annoying. The carpark was a pay and display but was given a pass for the car. Public transport to Chester was excellant with a bus every 15 mins. and train to Liverpool from Bache station (5 minute walk from hotel) every 30 minutes, day saver return £4.60 .Pub/restaurant was alright but chips with 90% of food and offered no alternative.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Welwyn Garden City, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 30, 2012

hotel was as expected except for the room temp, it was over 30 deg window only opened a couple of inches and no air con this made it impossable to sleep. breakfast was SO SLOW it was painful hot food took 50 mins to arrive and buffet was constantly running out of milk, coffee etc.

Room Tip: don't stay in hot weather or expect a good srevice at breakfast and you'll be fine !!!!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Cumbria
Reviewed August 28, 2012

Room was quite small, with no air con, I had to hunt for a fan! this was a family room but was no leg room to move from one side of the bed as if the beds had been squashed in to make money for saying it was a family room. We got the room cheap £29 saver so for what we paid was ok. The room was extremely stuffy so we didn't get much sleep. Staff ok. Food in the pub next door was ok as well.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Coventry, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 20, 2012

I recently stayed in this premier inn and I stay in premier inns all over the UK as i travel with work. Let me first start with a positive: the staff were very friendly and helpful and went through all the usual information on arrival and provided me with a pass for my car so I didn't need to pay for the carpark.

Once i had checked in I made my way to the room through a very dark corridor, damage to walls and heaters and into my room. I found the usual layout but i had two single beds where I had requested a double and unlike some new or recently refurbished inns there was no plug socket near the bed! (a small thing people might say)

The bathroom was small and although not dirty was just not 100% clean and could have done with refurbishment.

I then went to use the attached pub for my evening meal! I found it relatively busy but had no problem finding a table and looked through the menu which was dirty & sticky. I placed my order at the bar, ordering a starter (combo for one) and a mixed grill for the main. My starter came within 10 minutes and was just ok! everything looked as it had sat too long in the deep fat fryer and was fairly bland.

I then waited for my main meal and i waited and i waited and i waited! After an hour of waiting I went up to the bar to ask where it was and was politely replied an apology, given a free drink and they would chase it up. A few minutes later out it came! I think it had been sitting under the hot lamps for the last hour. Everything was dry and digusting to the taste, even the chips had not been cooked through properly. I then sent it back and just said i didn't want anything else. The bar manager did apologise and cleared my tab without any payment.

In conclusion - i have now stayed in all 3 premier inns in Chester and will not be going back to this one. This is in no regards anything to do with the staff as they were all polite, friendly and very helpful, its just this Premier Inn needs sorting!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Derek W
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 17, 2012

We stayed there for 1 night while visiting Chester zoo it's the 1st time we have stayed there normaly stay in a travel lodge. This hotel is 10 times better than any travel lodge in this area so I would recommend staying here if visiting Chester or Chester zoo like we did, it's about 5-10 min drive to the zoo also easy access from main motorway and also thers a morrisons across the road about a 2 min walk.

• Stayed August 2012
Karen D, Manager at Premier Inn Chester Central North Hotel, responded to this review, August 26, 2012
Thank you for your review on the hotel.
I am very pleased you enjoyed your stay and time at the zoo!
We hope to see you at Chester Central North Premier Inn again soon!
Adelaide
Reviewed August 13, 2012

We stayed here for one night on the 28th July this year. This was our second stay at a Premier Inn and they are good at what they do. Reception is good, the rooms are large with a good size bed and ensuite. It is about a 20-25 minute walk to the Chester city centre. The restaurant/pub next door served a good dinner and breakfast next morning was satisfying. Good value for money.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your recent review from your stay here with us.
I am glad you found our team members friendly and the rooms satisfying.

We do hope to see you again at Premier Inn
Durham
Reviewed August 5, 2012

Brought my 5 yr old to visit the zoo and this hotel is midway between zoo and city centre. Very friendly staff and most helpful too. Room was plenty big and enough, clean and not too noisy although I guess we were away from the road which did help. Photo doesn't do the place justice - it'd not really as non-descript as it suggests! The only drawback was the room temperature: stat indicated 24 deg although the heating was off so we needed the windows open.

Restaurant was in the pub next door. Breakfast, included in the price was superb: friendly staff again and hot food cooked to order - not to be missed. We tried the evening meal as well but that was a let down, hence the low score here. I'm afraid nothing was right the night we went, maybe because they were so busy. Still even if you don't want to drive out there are other choices in the area.

Overall a winner and I would definitely book again next time we come to Chester.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your comments on your recent stay with us. We do aim to provide all our guests with exceptional service and a clean and comfortable room to enjoy a great nights sleep.
We are glad to have met your expectations and I very please you and your family enjoyed your stay.
We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Regards