“Excellent coffee and cake £3.95”
Review of Jaunty Goat Coffee

Jaunty Goat Coffee
Ranked #1 of 38 Coffee & Tea in Chester
Chester, United Kingdom
“Excellent coffee and cake £3.95”
Reviewed August 5, 2014

Perfect place in the heart of Chester's Bridge street for coffee and cake. During the week it is only £3.95 for coffee (I had a Flat white) and scrumptious cake but other options available. Almost too difficult to choose so I have to keep going back. Choices of chocolate zucchini cake , carrot cake or red velvet cake plus other delicious things. All made locally. Wifi and newspapers or just watch the world go by in Chester. What is nice about this place is that it's not part of a chain and has nice staff. Little touches like hooks to hang your handbag on under the table are thoughtful.

“Great coffee and cake!”
Reviewed August 4, 2014 via mobile

This was our third visit to this fab coffee shop.
We ordered coffees, teas and cakes.
All excellent, with great service and a decent price.
Not the most comfortable seats, but this avoids the "laptop brigade".
Highly recommended.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Excellent coffee and cake”
Reviewed August 4, 2014

After reading the reviews on Tripadvisor, I decided to pop into the Jaunty Goat first thing this morning for a coffee. Got there about 9.15 am and ordered a flat white and also a slice of zucchini cake. The coffee was excellent as was the cake, which was a generous slice. I am however not too sure where the zucchini came into play as to me, the cake tasted like a slightly spiced chocolate cake. It was nonetheless lovely and moist with a delicious icing . I also appreciated the little touch of the coffee being served with a small glass of water. I was lucky to get a seat outside as it was a lovely morning. Due to limited space though, there are only two small tables outside. From what I was able to see, the indoor seating arrangement is limited and seemed to be based around a central communal table and high stools - there seemed to be another small bar style seating area towards the rear of the cafe. I didn't notice any individual tables which I would personally prefer as if I am going to stop for a coffee, whether on my own, or with a friend, I like to think part of the experience is to sit down and relax in a comfy chair at a table and with the option to chat openly if I am with somebody else without the fear of somebody else sitting next to me and being able to listen into our private conversation, or to enjoy reading a book whilst having my coffee if I am on my own. I don't want to be perched on a high stool sitting next to strangers and their conversations, or they listening to mine - it just doesn't personally work for me and I feel, takes away from the enjoyment of the whole experience. One last thing that I didn't like from a hygienic perspective was that this morning, the variety of cakes and bakes which were displayed on top of the counter were all uncovered. This makes me very nervous about flies and bluebottles landing on them throughout the day.

I would most certainly recommend the Jaunty Goat for the quality of the coffee and cake which cannot be faulted but I truly wish there were more comfortable seating options available. If I happened to pop by again and was fortunate enough to be able to grab a table outside, I would most definitely stop off for another coffee and try a different type of cake. However, if it mean't sharing a bench sitting on uncomfortable high chairs I am afraid I would pass.

1 Thank Ladyonhertravels
Thionville, France
“Brill carrot cake”
Reviewed August 2, 2014 via mobile

One of the best carrot cakes. Brill coffee. Nice zucchini cake. Great service. Enthusiastic staff. Nice seating area.

Rhyl, United Kingdom
“Perfect place to have a coffee and cake whilst out shopping”
Reviewed July 30, 2014 via mobile

Visited Jaunty Goat for the first time whilst shopping in Chester on Monday. Spoilt for choice with delicious cakes my son decided on the rocky road. I had a little taste (as it was a no cake day for me ha ha) and it was the best rocky road I've ever tasted. Friendly staff, relaxed atmosphere and delicious coffee. My brother lives in Chester and is a regular here. He's tried most of the cakes and highly recommends the Sticky toffee cake. I will defiantly be revisiting Jaunty Goat next time I'm in Chester.

• Visited July 2014