Winter Wonderland - CLOSED
Review Highlights
Expensive for what you get

Reviewed July 8, 2015
Cadị J
Llanuwchllyn, United Kingdom
No winter, no wonder just land!!

Reviewed December 23, 2014
JFlMRODGE
via mobile

See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed January 3, 2016

just come back from our Christmas break went here for 2 days Christmas eve was the last day total rubbish expensive rides no reindeer, though advertised !! Ice ring a lake rude staff, even the raffle was a joke "picking a number off a card that were scanned into the park ??? fair if they actually scanned you in we did not and the people in front and behind us also not scanned, I have complained twice and have had no response at all

just don't waste your money

2  Thank montmillais
Reviewed November 23, 2015 via mobile

Visited Monday 23rd November at around 6.30. Not a lot of people around so no queues. Lots to do !!!loads of extreme rides, roller coasters etc. Not cheap though £6 per person for the better rides. Also Ice skating ring, Circus and craft stalls and children's section to see. The only let down was a discussing Drink from The Proper Coffee stall !!!!! Took 2 sips and had to throw it away, steer clear of I were you. Well worth a visit but choose time to visit carefully as can get very busy.

Reviewed July 8, 2015

After hearing a lot had been here we wanted to go, but after going in, there was hardly anyone there. We had gone around it all within about 15 mins and had to pay extra to use the things there. We couldnt use the ice bar as we were driving either and there was not much point paying to go in if we wernt going to drink its vodka as it was a vodka bar. Saying that i did enjoy my visit and had a nice night, but they should have more things to do there because we probably didnt stay there much more than an hour at tops. Had a great time on the big wheel. :)

Reviewed April 16, 2015

We had a great time ànd as we brought the session ticket we ended up visiting four more times. Ice skating was great. Next yea we may visit the ice bar!

Reviewed January 24, 2015 via mobile

The second time of visiting for us and just love it. It is also a photographers dream. If you are in the vicinity it is well worth a visit. It always seems to be freezing when we have visited so wrap up warm.

1  Thank Stevetkdme
Reviewed January 11, 2015

We got the season pass and visited 4-5 times as our 7 year old daughter loved the place. The shows were one not to miss. There were prizes to be won. Our daughter won a Wii mini......
I am sure we will be visiting again in 2015.

Reviewed January 4, 2015

There isn't many places a family of four can visit for £20. This is one of them. We didn't bother visiting Santa as it was £10 per child and another £10 for the photo. We did though buy tickets for the puppet show, which was absolutely brilliant and not to be missed.
The kids were able to make cards, tell jokes to obtain free gifts and participate in the frozen live show. The reindeers and the santa train were all included in the price. The fair rides were OK, a bit pricey, but my kids were given a sum of money prior to arriving which they could spend on what they wanted including the fair rides. The staff were all friendly and made a fuss of all the kids.
The only criticism I do have was the ice rink looked very wet and almost like a large puddle. My children were not allowed anywhere near it as it looked dangerous in my opinion and a young boy was injured whilst we were there and taken to hospital.
The large glass of wine in front of the open fire at the White Horse pub which is next to the attraction was a great way to finish off a lovely afternoon.

Reviewed December 23, 2014

Like many of the reviews on here, tried to pay in advance, but had no joy. Explained this when we arrived at the site, but was met with oh what a shame 2.50 for parking please! Duly paid the 14.00 to get in, three shop units open, no reindeers to be seen, and plenty of extras to pay for. We went into the Vodka Ice bar expecting to see plenty of ice sculptures and a feel of Christmas. It was just a cold box with dance music blasting out, another 10.00 wasted. We were there at the 'Wonderland' a term a use loosely for no more than 15 minutes. Have rasng the ticket office to complain and was advised to email, which I did 3 days ago, disgustingly no acknowledgment as of yet. For a city centre attraction, it is very poor and very expensive for what it is.

1  Thank Debbie M
Reviewed December 23, 2014 via mobile

Visited winter wonderland today, got there at half past twelve and left just before two. From the main road it looks loads of fun but once inside its a different matter. The majority of the stalls were closed, the fair had seen better days and no one was bothering with the snow globe! They made the rides Christmassy by putting christmas hats on them! On entering we were called over by two glamorous ladies who I'm sure have more potential than beckoning u over to have your child write down one thing they want for christmas on a piece of paper with a felt tip pen! The little one didn't know what to do! We then went to see santa, no que but maybe that was down to the whole place being practically empty! We were taken into a room and we were met by an elf who took us through to see santa. All in all he was a good santa! He looked like the real deal! Had our photograph taken and the kids got a present that hadn't even been wrapped! Come on! The amount this place charges to get in surely they could afford some wrapping paper. Kids love the excitement and surprise of unwrapping a present. Left Santa and viewed our photograph which you didn't have to buy but we did and for £10.00. Went to find santas reindeer but it didn't start until quarter to two and it was only ten past one! We really struggled to fill that time as there was not much to do. Went back at half past to the reindeers and the man on this particular station was in the same position from when we left! He looked absolutely cheesed off. On the dot someone opened the gate and then out came two reindeers, a small cream coloured one which the kids didn't get to touch or feed. The other reindeer was older and bigger and we got to feed this one once it had stopped coughing up a lung! We had all had enough of winter wonderland so decided to leave. The artificial snow is a joke! It should be everywhere and maybe a snow machine blowing snow out in intervals, now that would be magical. The charecters, seen better at a primary school nativity play! This poor excuse of a wonderland is an embaressment to chester and I would be ashamed to put my name to it and to say I had any involvement in creating it! How they have the audacity to charge you the earth to get in is beyond me! It is such a shame as this place could have potential with the right brains and ideas behind it. I gave it two overall but that was mainly for
the authenticity of the santa who let the kids pull on his beard!! My advice view it from the main road and keep driving!!

1  Thank JFlMRODGE
Reviewed December 23, 2014 via mobile

Wasn't able to book on line so paid at the gate. Slightly more expensive but didn't mind that. Then the extra £2.50 for parking. Okay. So the first thing we arrive at are lots of "traveller-style" fairground rides. I hear the horse carousel creaking so I refuse to pay the cash for tokens when I ask about it. Operator couldn't tell me if the ride had been inspected today. We go to the reindeer stables and we are greeted by a clock with a bit of insulation tape to replace the hands (couldn't read time) so ask another ride operator and he doesn't know. I go to the elf information centre and ask to speak to their safety manager on site while I'm writing a formal complaint. I asked the safety manager to accompany me on a safety just section of children's rides (20 × 20 minutes max) and he refused by telling me he was too busy doing other things. We didn't go on a single ride. I should highlight I review mechanical safety as my occupation which is why I was so concerned. Safety guy tells me he has certificates for "most" of the rides! Apart from that, many of the staff on mobile phones not engaging children at all. One excellent part of the day was Santa and his helper. They were both excellent with my 8 year old. Although £10 to see Santa then £10 for a picture of him too. An extremely disappointing and frightening experience I cannot stress enough to keep children away from.