“Excellent food and reasonable prices”
Review of The Elms - CLOSED

The Elms
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed December 10, 2013

We have eaten here many times and it is brilliant. The food is really great, the prices and portions and excellent value.

1  Thank MathewClarke

Reviewed December 2, 2013

My wife and I have just had a terrific Xmas lunch at the Elms with a group of friends. Really good quality, freshly prepared, and very reasonably priced. We've eaten there a few times now and never been disappointed. The husband and wife team there offer quite a selection to choose from and serve it in a friendly, helpful manner. Portions are generous. We normally go for the traditional English food (roasts, Cumberland pies etc) but I've also had a stir-fry there that I thought very good. The restaurant caters for parties and can therefore be busy - though the party would likely be in a separate function room. Other times it can quiet. But, either way, we've always felt well-looked after.
As it's on the Sealand road - rather than Chester centre - it probably won't generate a huge number of reviews but if you are looking for excellent English food, I'd highly recommend you try the Elms. [It also offers accommodation, hidden from the main road, but I've never tried this].

3  Thank IanHP
Reviewed November 1, 2013

We had our Anniversary 'do' at The Elms as we've dined there with friends on many occasions and have always been well looked after. Chris and David set up our tables in a square so we were all facing inwards which made the celebration much more intimate and friendly. We'd pre-booked our menu choices so once we'd had our bar drinks, it was all ready and waiting for us. There were 16 adults and two young children, all of whom thoroughly enjoyed themselves and the party continued in the lounge area once we'd all eaten our superb meals.
I'd recommend The Elms either for an intimate meal with friends or business associates or for that special occasion where you'd like everything to go swingingly and smoothly. Thanks to all the staff, we had an evening to remember.

1  Thank blancelot44
Reviewed October 30, 2013

Had a Birthday dinner at the Elms on 19th October 2013 with all of my family(14) of us.
We dine at the Elms on a regular basis and because it is our local have not really thought about doing a review before but they deserve to be praised. There is a wide range of foods and wines on offer and the food is always served fresh and hot in very hot dishes.The Elms is family run and they all work very hard to make your visit a memorable one. This is one of the few Restuarants were extra dishes of veg are brought to the table and then you are asked would you like more.All in all a fantastic eating experience and I am told the Sunday lunches draw in people from far and wide. The Elms is a hotel as well as a restuarant so visitors can combine a stay near to The City of Chester with first class food at reasonable prices.
Thanks to all at the Elms.

1  Thank MARTIN P