“Failed to deliver the food. Asked if next day was OK?” 1 of 5 bubbles

Add it.
Belly Full Express
Cuisines: Caribbean
Oslo, Norway
“Failed to deliver the food. Asked if next day was OK?”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2013

Ordered food via Just-Eat at 8:24PM. Three calls in to the takeaway with varying replies but still with the view to delivery. The final call and the replies from the shop was an expert lesson in how not to do customer service - "is next day okay" - are we really having this conversation?

Just-Eat did step in at 22:46PM and assure me the credit card transaction would be refunded.

Thumbs up to Just-Eat but Belly Empty is one really to miss.

Reference for Belly Full. The Just-Eat reference number is 59637260.

• Visited November 2013

Chester, United Kingdom
“New Place - Problems Fixed i Think”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2013

I Think Its Getting Better - After going to the Belly Full Restaurant nearby many times and had a great time, thought i would try the express and stay in, had it a couple of time now and everything was great but once it was a bit late and food was OK. Driver told me they have fired the chef recently, that they now have all the initial opening problems sorted, lets hope.
Don't forget they delivery ALCOHOL and cigarettes, great for a lazy night in. Lets hope they keep it good.

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Chester, United Kingdom
“Would not recommend!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2013

After giving this place so many chances tonight was the final straw! Ordered food online which hadn't arrived after 1hr45m so called about order and was told 10 mins. Still hadn't arrived by 2 and a half hours later so called to cancel order and get a refund to only be told this wasn't possible, we could either wait another hour for food or get refund on Monday morning!! Every time we have visited they have run out of several things on the menu, and this was only early afternoon on a weekday! Portion sizes for sides have been hit and miss and the attitude and service from staff is appalling! It seems they would rather socialise with each other than serve customers. The food is generally ok but not worth waiting for nearly 3 hours???!!! And I would not expect to wait 20 mins for a takeout either which has happened often. Something is wrong here and somebody needs to come and run this business properly. Such a nice idea but would never go again and would recommend everyone not to go here as too disappointing!

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank misssunnyday
Ellesmere Port, England, United Kingdom
“Tough old goat?”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2013

Weren't sure what to expect when we visited at lunchtime. I ordered the goat curry and my wife ordered the boneless fish. After sitting for a few minutes we were told that they'd run out of boneless fish, so my wife ordered the saltfish and ackee. Portions were generous but served in polystyrene takeaway trays with plastic knives and forks - bearing in mind that this is a takeaway / cafe I suppose this was to expected, but it somehow detracted from the experience as we were eating-in. My goat curry was very tasty, but the goat was so tough and chewy that I couldn't finish it - I've had goat curry before and it shouldn't be like this. My wife didn't like her saltfish and ackee - an acquired taste I guess - but when I tried it, I thought that it was bland and quite tasteless. I don't think that we'll be visiting again, and it's probably put us off trying the "proper" restaurant elsewhere in Chester.

• Visited September 2013