The Mill Hotel
ABode Chester(Chester)
$94
$88
  • Restaurant
Chester House Guest House(Chester)(Great Value!)
$86
$76
Priceline
$111
$108
1,646 results
All reviewscanal boatreal ale bardinner cruisecanaletto restaurantbusiness roomoverlooking the canalclub roomcity centrepremier roomdinner dancecar parkbar priceshealth clubbreakfast was buffet stylespa facilitieslovely hotelbar area
Reviewed July 17, 2011

I came with a rather large group to Chester. So obviously, we had to find a larger hotel that could accomodate us all. The Mill is a friendly hotel with a great staff and some nice amenities: nice gym, lovely indoor pool, fitness classes, a spa, good restaurant. Our room was lovely but SO HOT!!! We were at the very end of the hall, canal side, on the 3rd floor. It was 65 degrees F outside and we were sweating inside the room! Others felt cooler on the street side but found it a bit noisy.

The only negative about the Mill is the walk from the hotel to the walled, charming part of the city. You follow the dirty canal behind some broken down buildings and under a highway overpass where unsavory characters tend to gather. Yik. I mean, we were a group of adults and weren't afraid or anything. It just wasn't very scenic.

But Chester is an AMAZING city and we loved it here!!! Visit the Cathedral!!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 17, 2011

Excellent hotel with friendly staff and excellent food. We only stayed for one night which is a shame I would love to have stayed for longer and I am planning a long weekend. Hotel over looks the Sudbury Mews excellent for walking and boat rides.
Al in all very nice, warm and welcoming hospitality. it geats 5 stars from us!
Jim Khan
Essex

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 15, 2011

Stayed at this hotel for 2 nights and the staff were friendly and helpful. The room was clean if a little pokey. The stay was, however, characterised by the intolerable heat. We were travelling with a baby and could do nothing beyond stripping him down to cool him and still it was far too hot. I have never stayed anywhere so oppressive - even in the middle east or asia without aircon you can generally open a window enough to stir the air - not here. In addition the only elevator is a tiny service lift found at the end of a long narrow pokey corridor, which has frankly seen better days. In sum do not stay here unless it is deepest winter. Do not stay here with a baby. Sort the heating out!

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed July 11, 2011

Apart from one individual, who I would love to name but In the absence of any badge identifying her I cannot, I was treated by the rest of the staff like I was not there. This was most evident at breakfast where the staff were sullen and not at all helpful. On the bright side, my room was big, clean and comfortable. Room service was quick. Parking was free.

Room Tip: Upgrade to a Club Room - totally worth it
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed July 8, 2011

Not the most attractive hotel but made up for it by the brilliant postion a short walk from lovely Chester. Plenty of free parking.
The beds were divine big and memory foam bliss.
Room large, clean, modern tv (not many stations) very good tea tray.
Resturants were good value if a little dark. The dinner cruise on a narrow barge was fun the staff on it was brilliant.
Breakfast was good nice fruit.
All round nice hotel. One teeny fly was the receptionist who managed to take my payment without a smile or eye contact once. There was a very pleasant blonde lady on too who thankfully said goodbye or I would have thought I was invisible!

Room Tip: Make sure its canal side!
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple