“Excellent value, fab location, great facilities!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of The Mill Hotel

The Mill Hotel
Ranked #12 of 44 Hotels in Chester
Sheffield
“Excellent value, fab location, great facilities!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2011

Me and 11 friends stayed here as part of my Hen Weekend and we had such a good stay, I thought I'd write a review and recommend it!
The location is really central so close to all the main sights of Chester as well as the restaurants and bars etc. Its also very close to the train station, or if you're driving, it has its own (free) parking. The rooms werent massive but comfortable and had all the usual features you'd expect including TV, tea/coffee, hair dryer and iron. Breakfast was included which was a buffet-style - hot/cold food, fruit, cereal, fry-up, the works!! Perfect to set us up for the day!! Other facilities which we made use of include the swimming pool, sauna and jacuzzi - perfect to clear the head the day after!! Staff seemed friendly and polite, check-in/out was easy, and rooms got made up with fresh sheets/towels daily.
Overall, for what worked out at £50 per night, we had a great stay and would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (381)
Chester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2011

My friend and I spent one whole day chilling out using the spa facilities. The pool and jacuzzi were wonderful and the atmosphere was so relaxing which is just what we were looking for. We also did a couple of relaxing exercise classes and had some treatments at the end to finish the day off. It was a brilliant day apart from one part...lunchtime! The service was very, very slow. After ordering our drinks at the bar. It took about 20minutes for the drinks to be brought over to us and the place was almost empty. In the mean time, I went back to the bar to order our food because I was worried that if the food was going to take as long as the drinks then we might have missed the fitness class that we were booked in for. When I ordered the food, I was told they didn't have two white bagettes. They only had one white and one brown one. They asked me if I was sure I wanted white because they said they'd have to go an get one from one of the other restaurants inside the hotel. I said I was sure I wanted white which was why I ordered it! Anyway, the food was good but the service was so slow that we did end up being late for our fitness class. Maybe I was foolish to think that we could order and eat two bagettes in an hour and a quarter and I obvioulsy should have left at least two hours!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with friends
bucketlistal
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2011

Stayed for 4 nights with my sister for well earned break,,hotel staff very helpful,,rooms very clean,,hotel good value for money ,,will be booking again soon,,,recommended,,

• Stayed April 2011
cumbria england
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2011

just returned after a 2night stay at the mill, could not fault at all. Hotel was brilliant position, lovely walk along the canal into the city centre, everything within easy reach. Had foot in hotel which was very good, enjoyed the Friday night dinner dance, could not fault the restaurant. Everybody was very polite and helpful. Leisure facilities could not fault very clean and lovely swiming pool.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Kingston-upon-Hull, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2011

When i made the booking directly over the phone, i requested a quiet room. This was not the case. Our room was above the kitchen so was really not and noisy with the extractor fan being right outside. The service in this hotel was really good. I called the reception and they swtich the fan off right away. However i room was facing towards the front and the noise from people leaving and signing whilst waiting for their taxis was really annoying. I would normally close the window but due to the heat in the room this was impossible. We did manage to get few hours sleep in the morning.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
Bristol, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2011

The Mill Hotel is in a convenient spot, only 10 minutes walk from the Centre, with the added convenience of being on the canal, with its few pubs nearby. Particularly enjoyed the breakfast, and residents' special offer dinners in their Canaletto Restaurant, the use of the jacuzzi, steam room, pool etc in the Health Club.

We opted for the basic room, but felt we may have enjoyed it more in the next grade up, as was rather small for two of us, and was tired with old wallpaper and carpets. The ceilings and beams are low, presumably from when the building was a corn mill.

We booked the Roman High Tea afternoon cruise that the hotel runs from the hotel, and this was a delightful experience with nice dainty food served with pots of tea, whilst being entertained by a Roman soldier showing us artefacts, while crusing along the canal.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Harrogate, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2011

This was our fourth time at the Mill, this time with friends.One couple have stayed before and we introduced new people as well. This place is always busy but there is enough staff at all time. We love it and will look forward to our next weekend later in the year.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with friends