“Pleasant staff, but service and food inconsistent”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Yo! Sushi

Yo! Sushi
Ranked #296 of 553 Restaurants in Chester
Cuisines: Japanese, Fast Food, Sushi, Asian
Good for: Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Wales, United Kingdom
“Pleasant staff, but service and food inconsistent”
Reviewed May 20, 2014

We ate here one lunchtime about a week ago and it was great, the girl who was our main server was so friendly and helpful. We grabbed a couple of things off the conveyor belt and ordered some others. We had 2 Aubergine salads as they were so nice and I raved about the Salmon tartare, it was really some of the nicest food, especially the dishes we ordered, that we've had at a Yo Sushi.
We had quite a few dishes and thought we'd return.
So one evening last week we did, the place was pretty empty which was ok and the lad that served us was again friendly, but after that it went a bit downhill. The conveyor belt was nearly empty and so we ordered quite a few fresh dishes, we'd pretty much finished eating when my salmon tartare turned up, it was ok but not a patch on the one I'd had a few afternoons before. By this time the restaurant was starting to fill up so there is certainly a demand for Sushi here!
I really want this place to succeed, but compared to the other Yo Sushi restaurants I've been to, where the service is so quick and the staff are so enthusiastic, this just feels like everyone's given up. I will certainly go again as I regularly go to Chester and always crave Sushi or something healthy as opposed to the Sandwiches and Cake cafés of which there seem to be hundreds. I used to love going to the Juice bars in Chester, but we lost those sadly. I dont want to lose a Yo Sushi too!!

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Thewy19

denbighsire
“filthy toilets!”
Reviewed May 10, 2014

Our family are avid sushi eaters and regularly visit Yo Sushi in Manchester and have always been impressed by the quality of the food and the speed of service. My family and I have visited Yo Sushi in Chester on a few occasions since it opened a few months ago. The service has been slow and the staff disinterested. Very often there is a distinct lack of any food on the belt. I have, up until today, been forgiving because I thought that staff needed time to bed in. However, today in addition to the slow service the toilets were so disgusting that I would not allow my 6 year old daughter to use them! Im afraid I will be saving my sushi carvings for Manchester!

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Helen H
“Stunningly Bad”
Reviewed April 17, 2014 via mobile

I really don't know where to start this review. I frequently use (and enjoy) different Yo Sushi restaurants across the country. To say that the new Chester branch was bad is an understatement. There were so many flaws in the experience that it is probably best just to summarise the main points.
a) Out of 7 dishes ordered, only 5 had actually materialised after 40 minutes.
b) Of the remaining 5 dishes, two hot dishes were actually served cold.
c) We were constantly ignored when trying to attract the servers' attention - astonishing when it later transpired that one of the servers was actually apparently the branch manager.
d) The service itself, when it actually occurred, was at the very best lacklustre - although surly might be a more accurate description. We were forced to resort to using the bell to attract any waiter's attention, although they managed to ignore the bell 4 times,
e) We are not precious about restaurants and dining - many other diners were exhibiting frustration with the chaotic service.
f) I frequently take clients to Yo Sushi for a working lunch. Nothing would tempt me to do this at the Chester branch.

I would not recommend this restaurant to anybody hoping for a positive dining experience. Astonishingly inept and a thoroughly negative advert for the brand.

Visited April 2014
2 Thank Mark F
Wallasey
“Super Sushi Sunday”
Reviewed April 8, 2014

Yo sushi is always a good bet. the food is unfussy and untampered with, fresh and pleasant, while allowing for healthy options without being weird about it. An excellent chain doing excellent food.
We did a Sunday party and in Chester they have 10 dishes for £20, if the whole party does this. What a deal! A bit of a tussle to get that much food down (tip: pick some small ones!) but everybody enjoyed it and made it top value, even better then monday nights.
The place was quiet early on, the service was very good (maybe for that reason?) and overall it was excellent.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank SteveJWallasey
Delamere, United Kingdom
“Always a pleasure to eat here, Great work from a small team!”
Reviewed April 5, 2014

I am a very keen fan of Sushi and I always try wherever possible to visit a Yo Sushi for lunch. Since they have made all the seating into booths it has been really enjoyable to eat there. The food is delicious and there is always something to satisfy appetites (I would suggest the Chicken Katsu Curry!). The team in the Chester branch are small, and they may sometimes have the occasional problem, but the customer service is always exceptional each time I visit!

• Visited April 2014