“We enjoyed it!”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Cibo Ristorante - CLOSED

Cibo Ristorante
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Gosforth, England, United Kingdom
“We enjoyed it!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 15, 2013

We had a lovely meal at Cibo's late Saturday afternoon. The mushroom starter I had was gorgeous and everyone enjoyed their main courses. The staff were friendly and efficient and we didn't feel hurried into leaving once we had finished our meal.

• Visited December 2013
2 Thank Lynne T

Nantwich, United Kingdom
“Late Lunch after Christmas shopping in Chester yesterday”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 15, 2013

We came across this restaurant purely by chance .. So pleased we did
There was only us and one other couple there ..
The waitress was lovely :)
The food was lovely and good full sized portions .. which we were surprised at getting, as we had only paid £3.95 each as they have a deal ... for any pizza or pasta on the menu ..
Would visit again and would recommend :)

• Visited December 2013
Chester
“Never Again”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2013 via mobile

We've had an awful experience at the Cibo restaurant. I booked it with a Groupon voucher but the waitress said she didn't need to see it and proceeded to explain the deal.
First, the wines she offered us were not available; then we asked to be moved as we were sat by some noisy, badly behaved children.
Then we waited 45 minutes for our meal (apparently all the staff had gone off sick)....
I must say the food was good.
Then we came to settle up our voucher only to be told that the fine print said lunchtime grrrrrr. Given the poor experience we had you would have thought they would let it go.. But no - we had to pay. On the up side he said, we would be able to come back again.
While I will be losing even more money, I would never go back there.
My husband wrote a letter the following day (we could not find an email address) but have heard nothing from them.

3 Thank Painy's
Chester, United Kingdom
“What has happened????”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2013 via mobile

Not sure what's gone on here?? I went to Cibo when it was into its second week of opening it's was a great night food was spot on the service was excellent it was packed I recommended it to all my friends BUT now it feels like it's going out of business the staff where terrible the management don't have a clue the food was less than average. I take it she's new the thus trade as the one I met had it under control. Now I have to tell v all my friends to avoid it. Such a shame too.....

2 Thank newby201
chester
“hope it gets better”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2013

Went to the Cibo on a saturday night with my partner,was looking foreward to trying a new venue,
I booked in advance and when we arrived we sat down in the seated area and had drinks,i had to go and ask for the menu,we waited for 15 mins but nobody came to us,so we went to the bar and asked to be taken to our table,as we were taken over the manager noticed the table wasnt cleared
and asked us to wait a min,which was a dampner on the night.When the food came it was ok,but one meal was just warm and had to be taken back.Overall the Cibo lacked atmosphere,service was good but not what i want from a saturday night out,menu was poor with no specials board.
Come on Cibo you can do better than this.........

1 Thank mallyroman