“Valentines mix up!”

Cuisines: European, Bar
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed February 15, 2014

Went the linenhall last night for our Valentines meal, after a mix up of menus from what I had seen on the Internet to what was being served, we was going to leave purely because didn't really like the set menu, after speaking to the waitress and manager who couldn't of done anymore they were able to offer the same menu we had seen! The food was gorgeous and the evening was made perfect by the staff! Wish I got there names but I'm sure they know who they are! I have never been disappointed with the linenhall it definitely is the new "gem" of Chester!
Looking forward to the next visit! Told all my friends and family they have to go this place!
Thank you for such a lovely evening!

Reviewed February 1, 2014

Four of us visited on a Saturday night. Booking was good. We had drinks in the bar - very good real ales available - rare for a restaurant. From there the service faltered - no one came to take control of the move to the table, we ended up wandering through, and stood like spare parts for what seemed ages. table hadn't been reserved, so we just chose one. Food was excellent, wait times were fine. Everything good. Linenhall needs a maitre d. It looks like it is being driven from the kitchen, which means its great food but variable service experience. Sort this and its 5/5.

Reviewed January 30, 2014

We'd previously visited this bar/restaurant when it was the Fat Cat, so were surprised to find it had changed hands since our last visit and had been re-christened the Linenhall. We didn't need to worry, though, the layout, ambience and food was much the same as it was before and prices were reasonable. I had the ale battered hake and chunky chips. The hake was a bit watery, but I don't know if that's just how hake is (not having had it before) or was due to how it was cooked. It still tasted good, though. The chunky chips were great. My partner had the ribs (which were a 'special' that day) and said they were very good too. Desserts looked appetising, although we were too full to give them a try. I'd also recommend the Sauvignon Blanc - very nice indeed!

Service was excellent, and the staff were very friendly and helpful. Not sure the addition of live singers adds to the ambience, though, especially when most people are chatting throughout. That said, we will definitely go back when we're next in Chester.

Reviewed January 17, 2014

Had a great night. Food was fantastic as was the atmosphere. There was a singer there that really added to the mood, he was brilliant!!

Reviewed January 3, 2014

We love to visit Chester and usually eat at our tried and trusted restaurants, however came across the Linenhall and decided to have a change. The food was very poor. I sent back my chicken dish as it was luke warm, the carrots were cold. Brought back after ten minutes in which time it had been put in a microwave, still not warm enough and decidedly unappaticeing. You live and learn or better still stick to what you know.