“A Friendly Stop”

Cuisines: British
Kingswinford, United Kingdom
“A Friendly Stop”
Reviewed June 15, 2014

A tea break was just what we needed, so coming upon this establishment we just dropped in.

Looking forward to a fresh cream scone that was on the menu, BUT was disappointed to find that no plain scones were available, this seems to be common place after all not everyone likes fuited scones? however we did not leave the tea-room disappointed as other delights were available.

Fresh Cream Ice Doughnut and a Toasted Teacake were had served with real leaf tea.

Would most definatly vist again when in Chester.

• Visited June 2014

Swansea
“Real atmosphere, warm and friendly”
Reviewed May 26, 2014

better to patronise places like this than the big chains. Walked past Costas to get here. Lovely old building with great history.Good service and pretty decent menu.very busy so obviously popular with the locals.

• Visited May 2014
Midlands
“Mega breakfast”
Reviewed May 26, 2014

Oh yes, after a night on the tiles a hearty breakfast is what's required and visitors will not be disappointed. Staff are very welcoming and work thief socks off.

Visited May 2014
Chester, United Kingdom
“Poor, poor service”
Reviewed May 21, 2014

I went here with my girlfriend on a Sunday, as there aren't many places open in the city centre for an English breakfast on Sundays.
We received an unfriendly greeting on arrival, and when our food arrived they had gotten my order wrong. This wasn't much of a problem, I'm not very bothered if mistakes are made in cafés and restaurants as I've worked in cafés for 3 years now and know that it happens, but bad service really bugs me.
The waitress didn't apologise, took the plate away, and returned 5 minutes later with the correct food. Again, no apology or 'Enjoy your meal'. Overall, food was decent.
When we came to pay, she didn't ask how our food was, and simply said 'thanks' and left when we'd paid. No goodbye upon leaving.
It's very easy to provide good, friendly service, so I decided I wouldn't be going back.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank Chris I
Mold, United Kingdom
“tasty breakfast”
Reviewed May 12, 2014

amazing breakfast with plenty of breakfast items
my dad is vegetarian and that was also catered for
good value for money
lovely atmosphere a real gem of chester

Visited May 2014