“Not quite good enough”

Cuisines: Pub
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed May 1, 2014

I have visited here twice now and have felt a little dissappointed on both occasions. I feel the food should be better to justify the high cost and small portions. £3.50 for a handful of chips is rediculous. Both times I have had to chance up basics such as salt and pepper for the table whilst my foods sat there going cold. The staff seem more interested in what's on the tv than the customers. What really annoys me about a restaurant is when they get your bill wrong. It's not that difficult, there was only two of us eating. I don't want the hassle of sorting that out at the end. Oh and although it appears very child friendly I had to ask for a high chair when my main arrived it was not offered.

1  Thank jasminLeo

Reviewed April 29, 2014

The atmosphere and location are suberb, however the food was slightly disappointing: portions were small and badly presented. Also the drinks are overpriced!
I would say it's more of a family pub for the nice play area for the children.

Reviewed April 27, 2014

First time here. Lovely food at good prices. Very clean and a nice comfortable . Good customer service from all but especially from Connor .

Reviewed April 26, 2014 via mobile

Really disappointed with the service we received. Family birthday meal out for 6 of us and it was just ok. Waited far too long without our food orders taken and we even went the bar ourselves to get drinks so we didn't have to wait. We must have waited well over 40 mins for our starters. Mains came after a long time too. Not really great so not sure I'll be back in a hurry.

Reviewed April 23, 2014

Visited twice in quick succession. Was very impressed the first time when dining with friends that I took my family the next week.

Great menu, very traditional food and great choice. Steak was cooked to perfection and very reasonably priced.

The service didnt blow me away but was decent enough. The only other thing that slightly let it down was on my second visit the sunday roast was average. Nothing particularly bad, just nothing special.

I would like to end the review on a good note, however. Would very much reccomend for a meal out with friends. The venue itself has a great atmosphere and is very stylish, but no too pretentious. Deffo worth a visit!