“Disgraceful.”

The Oaklands Hungry Horse
Ranked #357 of 555 Restaurants in Chester
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Large groups, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Brunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Disgraceful.”
Reviewed February 12, 2014

After visiting the Oakland's for a very close friends celebratory meal on the 12th February, the 3 of us left absolutely appalled.
As we entered we waited around 10minutes to get served as the staff clearly couldn't handle the quantity of custom. We then sat ourselves down and waiting approximately 35minutes for our meal.. To notice the cutlery given on the tables was actually still dirty..
After having to rewash 3 rounds of cutlery, 2 of the meals arrived, we then thought the waiter was going back to retrieve the other outstanding meal.. To this he did not do, 25 minutes later after my 2 friends had completely finished their dry, tasteless, barely warm meals the waiter chuckles and shockingly says 'oh Is it a chicken burger your missing? It's left over on the side'
The waiter brought the burger over almost instantly after it being sat there for 25minutes, and to his surprise I refused to eat it.. Why should I come out for a meal
With friends to have to sit and eat alone?.
The waiters reaction was in no way professional and very rude! We even saw him swearing at the manager with frustration behind our backs..

After being a regular customer for quite some time, I feel the standards and quality in food has dropped rapidly.. I really would not recommend this resteraunt to anyone and each of us left astounded by the poor customer service..

• Visited February 2014
2 Thank Daisy1992

Chester, United Kingdom
“Very slow service, cold food, no apology”
Reviewed February 10, 2014

Been here a couple of times, other times no complaints, but last nights meal was very poor.
Not busy but the food took over half an hour to arrive, we had to go and find out where it was as there was no one attending to us.
Food eventually arrived but had to send some of the meals back because they were cold.
No apology, complained when we paid, but again no apology, no offer of a discount.
Like others, will not be going back.

• Visited February 2014
“Versatile environment ”
Reviewed February 2, 2014 via mobile

I have been coming to this place now for about a year. They have a wide range of activities going on with monthly news letters on each table so there isn't really much that people can complain about although people still do but then again thats life. It's mainly a sports and family oriented venue with obviously the entertainment at the weekends.

Food is good, not brilliant but it's what you pay for so you shouldn't really complain. I recommend the hungry horse big burger and the giant profiteroles.

There are many screens in the pub from little booth teles to the big screen. Normally during the day sky sports news is on the plasmas and ceebeebies on the booths. It is a family venue and there is more than enough to accommodate them such as kids eat for a pound, ballons as well as bouncy castles in the summer.

Sport wise it gets busy it's mainly a United and Liverpool pub however while I've been here I've tried to turn it too city which isn't working. The only issue I find is that they don't have a facility to have two games on at the same time but to be honest thats not the end of the world.

Entertainment ranges from Robbie Williams tributes, singers such as Edwin dukes who was fantastic last year and popular bands like hush and rigsbys cat on every other Saturday and karaoke with the fabulous Keith Jones on a Friday which is always a fantastic night out.

Sam and the team; gemma, Sarah T, Sarah, Michelle, Stuart, peter I, zadie, mark, Pete S, Dan, Leslie, Felix and not forgetting kareema always put a smile on the customers face when they walk through the door. Even if they're in the kitchen.

Overall it caters for every need and I recommend people to think as this as a versatile pub rather than a food place. :-D Its better than the competition. FILL UP ON GOOD TIMES :-D

“Hit and miss”
Reviewed January 19, 2014

Been here several times now usual very good but last visit very poor food took over half an hour to arrive at table and then cold,usually very hot quick service but two out of three ,manage didn't know what to do or say when we complained about the food being cold,so we asked for are money back in which she wasn't happy no words of sorry will not go back there shame did like this place,staff rude got it from the manage probably

• Visited January 2014
“One of the worst”
Reviewed January 5, 2014

Myself and my wife visited to enjoy a relax and a meal!
Football was on all the t.v screens. So no option if you had children or didn't enjoy it! The male staff were un shaved and looked a site! The place was clean and tidy other than that! The food was hard to come by with at least two items asked or they didn't have! Family place I'd say no!!! Food place I'd say no!! Footballers paradise then yes!!!

• Visited January 2014