“Nice , did te job and better than harkers”
Review of Canalside Inn - CLOSED

Canalside Inn
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Reviewed June 2, 2013 via mobile

Initially we were going to go to the old Harkers Arms next door but due to the children ban we went to canalside. It was very quiet, other than another group with children . The food was nice and good value. We had baguettes with salad and chips, ( over oiled salad) but chicken melt was lovely! Service could be improved if the guy serving us actually spoke ! He just guestured who's food was which !! Rude ! Would go there again thou !

Reviewed March 15, 2013

We went to the Canalside on a Saturday afternoon about 3.00ish- it wasn't very busy, there were just a few people in watching football.
I went to the bar to order food for our party of four, we had decided to get 2 of the 'sharing platters' for starters and then steak meals for main courses. I tried to order the starters but bleach blonde waitress with half bitten nail varnish was confounded by the till, I can't in fairness say anything other than she was very pleasant and apologetic though but in the end we had to give up on technology and she wrote everything down on a piece of paper and took it into the kitchen, meanwhile I was receiving cheeky txts from my other guests asking if I was lost !! I sat back at the table (finally) and the waitress came over with cutlery, unfortunately they hadn't got enough steak knives so one of us had a kitchen type knife... the meals then arrived but the main courses came first... when we asked about the starters we were told "we were going to bring them all at the same time" duh!! so we cancelled the starter needless to say... when all the meals turned up my pepper sauce was missing so I had to ask about that, I started my dinner and it arrived some time later. They also provided a pot of mustard on request but nothing to serve it with so we had to delve in with our forks. I can only say that the steaks were very tasty and cooked as requested, the meals were however served on cold plates so by the time I was finishing, the peas had reverted to their former frozen status. We ordered deserts and a while later were told one of them was not available so had to choose an alternative, the deserts came, were nice enough but we were given soup spoons to eat them with... the restaurant was not very warm and with the televisions playing sport not really for us...

1  Thank 35Hunter