“good”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed September 11, 2013

good atmosphere and good drinking restaurant located in the center of the city would do it again.
But the food is a bit pricey

Reviewed September 11, 2013

I went to Oddfellows after the races with 2 of my friends.

I ordered lamb main as did my friend and my other friend ordered the Rib Eye Steak. The service was slow and the restaurant was only half full!

The lamb arrived and 1 was much bigger than the other so we complained and they changed one of them to a larger portion. My friends steak was very very well done and she had ordered it medium so we complained again!

They came out to say that they had run out of steak and that they were doing my friend some Rump Steak instead. When the steak came we had finished our lamb so it wasn't great that my friend was eating her meal on her own.

The Rump Steak was disgusting - it was two very large pieces and they tasted like liver. We complained to the Manager Mo and he said that he had tried it and that there was nothing wrong with it!

I was so disappointed as I have eaten her before and had good food and good service but this experience has put me off eating here again.

1  Thank Lisacarew_11
Reviewed September 8, 2013 via mobile

The positives
Great atmosphere, quirky decor, pleasant staff.
But, I had the steak tartare which is minuscule and actually the whole dish tasted unpleasant. Then Osso Buco which was served with a risotto that tasted of soap. The whole dish was in edible.

My advice. Go for a drink, avoid the food!

Reviewed August 27, 2013

The real gem of this location is the decor, too over the top to describe, artificial grass giant birds decorating the walls, colourful planters and old garden tools all make you feel you are sat high above the busy streets in an oasis of calm - I would kill to be able to buy the wall paper. Food though does deserve a mention - a set lunch, small but perfectly formed 4/5 choices for each of either 2 or 3 courses. Special mention to french onion soup - the Grosvenor menu has never been the same since they removed it and we have been looking for a replacement ever since. Delicious smoked fishcakes. chicken and chorizo main was ok was ok but not as good as the starters but salmon though was good. Dessert brownie should not be missed and all finished off with an excellent coffee. Portions were not enormous but neither were the prices. Service was professional. Best to book during busy periods but they do their best to accommodate you if they can.

Reviewed August 24, 2013 via mobile

We didn't book but were made very welcome and they soon found us a table despite them being busy. The food was outstanding and would definitely recommend the restaurant to family and friends. The staff were very friendly and attentive.