“A hidden gem!”

Cheshire Sandwich Company
Ranked #34 of 555 Restaurants in Chester
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery
Description: Get some great sandwiches, salads, toasties and hot drinks right in the centre of Chester - take away or relax in our beautiful cafe.Get to Godstall Lane via the steps from Eastgate St. (Between Hobbs & Carphone Warehouse) or the entrance opposite cathedral on St Werburgh St (between Swinton Insurance & Mullens Opticians) Open 7 days a week
“A hidden gem!”
Reviewed December 12, 2013 via mobile

A lovely little cafe with very tasty food and a really good vegetarian selection as well as great sandwich combinations. The cafe upstairs is beautifully decorated and a great environment to eat in. Really glad we found this place!

North Wales, United Kingdom
“Great little hidden gem :0)”
Reviewed December 1, 2013

Chester is the main place that I go shopping to from N Wales. I never knew this place existed up until yesterday. When due to the Xmas shopping crowds we decided to cut down Godstall Lane. We nearly walked past & I'm so glad we didn't. It was lovely & relaxed upstairs in the cafe area which put a smile on my other halves face. Mr Grumpy isn't a fan of crowded Xmas shopping lol.

The young waiting on staff were so polite. We both ordered a toasted sandwich each. It was delicious it came with homemade coleslaw, a small side salad & crisps. You could just taste the freshness of it all. On paying downstairs in the takeaway sandwich area. I was speaking to who I think was the owner & I was telling him how fresh everything looked in the refrigerator cabinet. He was explaining how they source most of their products locally.

We will definitely be visiting again. If you're in Chester I recommend that you seek out this little hidden gem support a small local business & local producers

• Visited December 2013
chester
“Yummy!”
Reviewed November 29, 2013

My favourite little sandwich (oh and don't forget the cake!!) shop in Chester. Forget all the other chains, come here for fresh and tasty food and drinks. Lots of choice, all have been tasty and fulfilling. I am currently working my way through the menu. Staff have always been very friendly, attentive and efficient. Well worth a visit, the Millionaires Shortbread is delicious by the way!

• Visited October 2013
Chester, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best Sandwich in Chester By Far!”
Reviewed October 30, 2013

I have eaten here normally once a week for lunch over the last two years. The staff are always friendly no matter how busy the shop is, you are always greeted with a smile. I have never had a bad experience with food nor service. I have tried many sandwich shops and cafes in Chester and the surround areas and this is simply the best. You pay a little more here for local produce but it so worth every penny.

I wholeheartedly recommend it!

• Visited October 2013
London
“Crap doesn't even cover it!!!”
Reviewed October 29, 2013 via mobile

This sandwich shop is ridiculous, apparently award winning, I do not know how! Although the upstairs seating area or downstairs shop were not busy at all we still endured a 40 minute wait FOR A SANDWICH!! & when it finally came my order was completely wrong. The customer service was appalling to say the least no apology from any of the staff for the wait or the incorrect order! Upon leaving the person in front & behind myself in the queue were both asked I hope everything was ok as they paid, I was ignored!!! I would not recommend this place at all unless you want a 40 minute wait for the incorrect food & when the correct food came it was vile!!

3 Thank LAF-1602
CheshireSandwichCo, Owner at Cheshire Sandwich Company, responded to this review, October 30, 2013
Thanks for your review - clearly your pithy & articulate review title caught my attention this morning.

I would like to take the opportunity to ascertain a few facts...

When you were in my cafe, we were in fact very busy and had to turn people away. Unless you can look around corners, it is impossible to see the downstairs shop from where you were sitting. For your information, we had takeaway customers throughout the lunch time period, as we usually do. When we are busy there can sometimes be a delay in getting food to our customers but we try our best to serve everyone in order and as quickly as we can. After all, most people want to eat lunch at a similar time. Saying all that, you didn't wait 40 minutes.

We did indeed make a mistake in making the wrong toasted sandwich for you and rectified the mistake as soon as we found out.

I delivered the correct sandwich myself and did say "Sorry about that". However you may not have heard as you did not look up, acknowledge my presence or say thank you as you were reading your mobile phone. Call me old fashioned but I think that's bad manners.

Perhaps that sleight was on my mind when you came to pay and that's why I didn't ask you if everything was OK with your food or engage you in conversation. For that, I apologise.

Finally, your comment about the standard of the food seems like an afterthought. I would encourage visitors to this website to look at the other reviews rather than this one as it is inaccurate.