“Disappointing cream tea”

Alfresco
Ranked #43 of 46 Coffee & Tea in Chester
Cuisines: Cafe, British
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Cheshire
“Disappointing cream tea”
Reviewed June 22, 2013

Great location close to cathedral and tempting deal for afternoon drink with a cake at just£3.99.However it's popularity has perhaps meant the environment is looking a little tired and some re varnishing of the table tops and a touch up of paintwork might help ! We were disappointed by the whipped cream which looked and tasted like the sort that comes out of an aerosol,not what we expected with a traditional scone. Good value and attentive staff service.

• Visited June 2013

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Very impressive”
Reviewed June 3, 2013

I visited with my friends on a Saturday lunchtime we were all very impressed, i had a hot cibatta which was very enjoyable, my friend had a very nice jacket potato. The selection of cakes is brilliant. I have visited on previous occasions and have always had a good experience usually i order soup which is spot on. The staff are friendly especially the girl with the black hair who took our order and was very polite and hardworking. I recommend this restaurant.

1 Thank stephanniie
Chester, United Kingdom
“Rude staff”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

I thought the staff were rude, well in particular the man, who may well have been the owner/manager - certainly the most senior person there. I had ordered a can of diet coke (as I don't like draught). When he brought draught coke, I asked for a can. He very rudely slammed the can down on the table. Then when I found a piece of hard plastic in my food and I told him instead of an apology he just said 'oh I'll look out for that'.

I have eaten in here many times but after todays rudeness I think I will give it a miss - plenty more good places to eat in Chester with staff who actually have some degree of customer care.

Chester, United Kingdom
“First rate cafe”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Visited here on a recommendation from a friend. I had a hot Italian chicken ciabata and partner had cooked full english breakfast. Both meals were excellent - tasty and great value for money.
Glad we came and would recommend it to others.
The staff were very friendly and the atmosphere was great - a real hubbub though a bit on the small side.

Haverfordwest, United Kingdom
“Avoid for Breakfast”
Reviewed May 25, 2013

Sadly disappointing, unrecognisable mushrooms, overpriced, undercooked, thankfully it was small for the price! Worst meal we had in Cheshire.