“Great food and atmosphere......”
Review of Ellie's Bistro - CLOSED

Ellie's Bistro
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Wirral
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great food and atmosphere......”
Reviewed July 17, 2013

We have been to Ellies on a number of occasions and always had a nice time. The food is lovely and have never had any issues with the staff. I will be back :-)

1 Thank Keith L

Chester, United Kingdom
“Very poor quantity of one particular tapas.”
Reviewed July 16, 2013

This was my first tapas experience and more likely to be my last. I went to dine alone as I live in the city and decided on Ellie's Bistro last night - it came highly recommended by the folk of 'I Love Cheshire' website. I ordered 3 tapas - moroccan chicken, king prawn and patatas bravadis. Although, I couldnt fault with the prawn and patatas, I was, however, disappointed with the chicken - not because there wasnt anything wrong with it, but because the poor quantity of it - I must of counted 5 tiny pieces of chicken and this was accompanied with what I can only say a 25ml shot of pilau rice added.

When the waiter approached me to enquire if everything was ok with the meal, I told him straight that I was disappointed with the quantity size of the moroccan chicken (and judging by some of the comments here, it would seem that I am not the only one). The waiter felt unsure what to do, but I can only assume that he passed on my comments to the chef.

I can honestly say that I wont be dining there again.

Skelmersdale, England, United Kingdom
“lunch”
Reviewed July 7, 2013

Nipped in for a quick lunch before a visit to the cathedral, lovely food, good value and friendly staff...would definitely go back.

UK
“Rude manager - put the phone down on us.”
Reviewed July 1, 2013

A few months ago, we visited this place and had a lovely couple of coffees, vowing to come again and eat. When a Groupon offer came up, it seemed like a perfect opportunity. I bought it, but didn't get to use it immediately. There followed a couple of very difficult months and I admit Groupon vouchers were not at the forefront of my mind.
It expired, and a couple of weeks later, my partner kindly called to see if there was anything that could be done. The lady manager was very abrupt and rude, and my partner continued to be polite. The manager just put the phone down without saying goodbye. I didn't necessarily expect them to honour the voucher but it would be good business sense to a) be polite and b) offer a small discount on a visit if it was necessary to decline the voucher. Even if, it seems, Groupon has swallowed all my money.
As it is, whilst we thought it was a lovely find (I had worked in the place when it was a solicitor's office!), we will not be returning. More fool them!
Not the same for the place in Nantwich - similar problem, but polite staff.

Visited July 2013
mold
“tapas but not skimpy”
Reviewed June 1, 2013

an excellent chice of tapas meals
we chose the seafood paella, great tasting
sticky ribs, well they just were
lamb steak, spicy but tasty
scallops with chorizo, really good
moroccan chicken disapointing
bit overall really flavoursome tapas
excellent service
good location but off the beatne track

• Visited May 2013