“Well worth a visit”

Cuisines: British, Pub
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed August 29, 2013

We took some friends, down from Yorkshire for Saturday lunch as it was highly recommended,
we went in the restaurant in the old part of the building ,it was lovely, very impressive and the food was excellent, freshly cooked, the only downside being we had a wait for our meal, but the staff came and apologised that they were extremely busy.We would definitely go again,maybe try
the ''pub lunch'' side of it.There is outside seating in a garden setting and they even had a bbq area they were setting up as we left ,We would certainly recommend it especially if you visit Chester races as it is situated right across the road from the racecourse.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,587)

Reviewed August 28, 2013

You can only feel at home in this restaurant with a friendly pub atmosphere yet excellent food. This sis the second time we have visited and on this occasion we took advantage of the good weather and bar-b-cue on offer. The food was superb as both my wife and I enjoyed a steak burger and chips. The lawn area is excellent once you have found a seat as the views across the race course are very enjoyable. One for the good weather I am sure the restaurant element is going to be as enjoyable on our next visit.

Reviewed August 27, 2013

We visited the architect for Sunday lunch. We had booked in advance and when I asked for a nice table in the restaurant as it was for a birthday, we found that we had a lovely table in the old part of the restaurant in the bay window. It was quite a hot day and it was very busy, but this did not deter the staff as they were very attentive and the food did not take long. Can honestly say was the best Sunday lunch I have had when eating out! Everything was cooked to perfection. We had our 8 year old and 11 month old and the staff were very understanding of our needs and for a Brunning and Price restaurant it was surprisingly child friendly and we were not the only families there that day. I live fairly local to the restaurant and have already booked for Chester races so am hoping the food and service is going to be as good as my last visit!

Reviewed August 26, 2013

I heard about The Architect and read a couple of reviews which suggested it was busy and that getting served could be a problem. However, we booked for 6pm on a Frisday evening and was more than pleasantly surprised by the standard of service and food here. The service was excellent and throughout our visit we were continually asked if we required anything and if our food was we expected. It was more than I expected it was in fact amazing I believe it is getting difficult to make a booking at certain times here and I can well believe it.I find it hard to believe it is not in the top ten places in Chester to eat out and I am sure going on our visit it will not be long before it is.

Reviewed August 25, 2013

highly recommend the standard of service and quality of the food; delicious lamb rump! Attentive service throughout the meal, particularly from our waitress Sarah, a mature lady who attended to all our requests with great alacrity.
Loved the location overlooking the racecourse! Will definitely recommend the architect to all my friends.

1  Thank MikeEmery