“Yummy”
Review of Chip-O-Dee

Chip-O-Dee
Ranked #206 of 564 Restaurants in Chester
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery
Description: our aim is to offer the best fish and chips that we can. we also do a option of food delivery around the Chester area Monday to Saturday. closed Sundays
Reviewed October 11, 2013

Had to have Cod and Chips while in England and chose the Chip o Dee while in Chester. Had the small serve, a lovely crispy piece of Cod, chips, mushy peas, bread and butter and coffee or tea all for £4.95 each. Very friendly service. Suitable for wheelchairs. Takeaway available.

1  Thank Carol H
There are newer reviews for Chip-O-Dee

Reviewed August 22, 2013

We found this originally through Just Eat, as we fancied something a bit different to pizza, but after a long day, a delivered takeaway was just the ticket. OK, so the delivery took a little longer than expected, but boy, was it worth the wait! Good size portions, fish that is still moist and not dry, chips that haven't been re-fried over and over and big portions of gravy and peas. Each plate was cleared that night. The driver was very apologetic for the extended wait and gave us some cans free. Can't recommend them highly enough!

1  Thank AndyJDi
Reviewed August 2, 2013

Came across this restaurant whilst visiting chester! What a lovely atmosphere and friendly staff! Cindy the owner is a lovely and friendly woman and makes you feel so welcomed and will go out of her way to make sure your experience is one to remember!! Would recommend this to anyone who visits chester! Best fish and chips ever!

Look forward to seeing you again soon
Jordan

1  Thank Jordan L
Reviewed April 11, 2013

We went to Chester Zoo on Wednesday 10th April and had a great day, after spending 6 hours at the Zoo we was hungry so decided to drive in to Chester City Centre. After parking up, we walked down Frodsham Strret and saw a chip shop that looked a bit untidy on our left hand side, as we continued to walk up the road, I saw the very clean looking Chip O Dee on the opposite side of the road..We crossed over and as we entered, the owner(I think he was) greeted us politely and with a smile..We sat down and looked at the menu and me and my wife had the large fish & chips and mushy peas special with bread and butter with black coffees. My son who is 8 years old and has autism had sausage and chips with a cold drink. Nothing was too much trouble for the staff, all of them came over to the table to talk to us and was amused with my sons antics. The fish & Chip special came to the table and well the fish made our chip shops fish in mansfield look like a tiddler. It was massive and the batter was light. In fact my wife and son ate all their dinners, I struggled and left a little bit of fish as I was full. They also did a pudding special at £1.30..amazing but sadly I couldnt eat any more. This was my first visit to chester and wont be our last, as me and my wife are looking at booking a few nights in the Premier Inn and spending a few days in Chester looking around. We will def use this chip shop resturant again and fully recommend it. In tourist citys/Towns you usually pay through the nose for food..the price of the Large Fish, Chips, Mushy Peas, Bread and Butter and Nescafe Coffee a bargain £7.75

3  Thank Midlandsman56
Reviewed April 10, 2013

I often visit here on my dinner to have a small fish and chips prices at £3.75 plus a carton of gravy (large) at 75p. The size and price is just right. Its not too much that I cant eat it and feel bloated and not small enough that I find my self needing more :)

Shop itself is clean and the staff friendly. Would like to have more salt and vinegar, when i say plenty, i do mean plenty. Why do chip shops always hold back on salt and vinegar?

Well done :)