“What a gem! Highly recommended,”
Review of Istanbul BBQ

Istanbul BBQ
Ranked #6 of 569 Restaurants in Chester
Cuisines: Turkish
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Opening Hours:Mon - Thurs 5pm till 10pmFri - Sun 12 noon till 10pm
Reviewed January 30, 2013

We booked a table for ten after an excellent recommendation and we weren't disappointed. We had the most fabulous experience. The food was outstanding, despite the large party. It all arrived on time, piping hot and absolutely delicious! We were amazed. Truly authentic Turkish cuisine with such a variety of flavours. My mouth is watering just thinking about it. We will definitely be back. Thank you to all the Staff - the service was faultless.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,255)

Reviewed January 27, 2013

3.30pm and on the way back to our Hotel, and noticed this restaurant open. It was empty but I had seen it had a good rep on trip advisor so we took the opportunity as it was forcast snow for the evening and thought it would beat bar snacks at our hotel.

It was fantastic, the owner was there, with chef and nothing was too much trouble. Got excellent wine recommendation and sat down to Meze for 4. The food was cooked up in front of us and was really tasty.

Would definately go again if I was in Chester.

Reviewed January 27, 2013

It was a birthday being celebrated and thirteen of us arrived having pre-booked. From the start Ali and the staff made us very welcome, we had a table upstairs. The menu is not as extrensive as most pubs as you must remember the clue for the food is in the name. You can eat very well and have two courses for £20 easily, along with a drink or three £30 per person is easily achieved and enjoyed.
All mains come with rice and salad and cooked to order downstairs in the main restaurant on traditional charcoal, very authentic.
I really enjoyed my visit and plan to go again, I might see you there.

Reviewed January 27, 2013

Having lives in turkey for years I really miss the food. This restaurant is as good as the top class restaurants in turkey. The food was exquisite, so tasty. Service was excellent. Priced absolutely on the nose. And it is SPOTLESS!!! More than Highly recommended!!!

1  Thank Soozanne2011
Reviewed January 26, 2013

As Cestrians, myself and my family often struggle to think of where we can go for a good meal, having eaten in every restaurant in the City Centre - we would never consider venturing to Brook Street on a Saturday night as it is out of town and not the nicest part of Chester, however, all that was of little importance as we sat and ate one of the most enjoyable meals we have had at a restaurant in Chester. The staff were exceptional - very friendly, chatty and welcoming. The restaurant itself was very clean and well-lit. The food was cooked to perfection and the menu offered good choice for somone who has never appreciated Turkish food before. We chose a hot and cold mezze platter to start and for myself the chicken kebab was cooked to perfection and served with just enough rice and salad. The wine list was varied and the Rose we chose to accompany our meal was superb. The food was fresh and I was very impressed at their use of local products for their menu. Everyone commented on their satisfaction with their meal on leaving the restaurant, as did we. We will definitely be returning. Highly recommended for those of you who like us are ready to try something different having exhausted the many Italian, Chinese and Indian restaurants in Chester.