“execellent and authentic food”
Review of Istanbul BBQ

Istanbul BBQ
Ranked #7 of 565 Restaurants in Chester
Cuisines: Turkish
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Opening Hours:Mon - Thurs 5pm till 10pmFri - Sun 12 noon till 10pm
Reviewed December 21, 2012

the food was excellent we had a meze for two and it came with lovely turkish flat bread we also had the pan fried liver starter and a turkish filled flat bread all dishes came with lashings off salad and vegetables , the food felt so healthy not covered in oil and salt ..the wine recommended was a turkish red it was amazing ,will be returning with family for the lovely grills on offer ,,,the restauraunt has a high standard off hygiene and friendly and excellent service ...this is my first review as i have not been impressed enough to write a review before

1  Thank angelschihuahuas
There are newer reviews for Istanbul BBQ

Reviewed December 21, 2012

My wife and I have been here a few times (once with my parents - my mother is a veggie and as such quite hard to find somewhere decent for) and we always come away happy with the food and service.

The menu is rather good and full of nice stuff. Saying it's a "kebab house" isn't really fair because they do stuff like that lentil soup and lahmacun which you almost never see over here and certainly not at a kebab house. There's also more stuff on here than just kebabs.

Portions certainly struck me as big enough. Had trouble moving last time I had a big starter.

The venue is decent. It's a bit snug but not uncomfortably so. Reckon they should do out the upstairs as more dining space.

Prices seemed very reasonable by restaurant standards.

It's not as cheap as a takeaway kebab but then it's a proper sit down meal.

Food has all been rather good every time we've been. Nice people running it too.

Reviewed December 20, 2012

The food was wonderful, the chicken just melts in your mouth. Great portion sizes, I wish I could have eaten more but was too full. It's nice to go somewhere that does different and authentic food. A bit pricey but good quality. Staff were very welcoming and helpful.

Reviewed December 20, 2012

I was tasked with organising a christmas venue for a group of friends and checked on trip adviser. This place sounded great from the reviews so was excited to eat here. Boy was I disappointed!!!
I have to say.......when you walk in, its like a kebab house, only with table clothes on the tables. There is nothing wrong with kebab houses I eat in them regularly but the prices on the menu gives you the impression it was a restaurant. The feta cheese starters were tasty but the mains are just ok, small portions of meat for the price you pay. its very very very expensive for what you get. £14.00 for 2 lamb mince shish and two pieces of aubergine, it was probably worth about £7. You get a small side salad and small quanity of rice. I have eaten nicer kebabs at a takeaway!!!! Felt ripped off!!! No way do you get value for money!!!!

4  Thank cathy m
Reviewed December 19, 2012

I live in Chester and I had a look on trip advisor to see if there was any where nice for me and friend to go for lunch. I noticed Instanbul BBQ at the top and thought 'why not give it a try'. We weren't disappointed, the food is amazing and the staff are friendly. I'll definately be going back.

1  Thank Mustiman