“Hidden Gem”

The Cake Fairy
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed August 28, 2013

Found this by accident when walking along a little used length of canal off the main line at Chester. The food is freshly cooked. Very friendly service, nothing was too much trouble. We were on a return trip on the canal and made a special point of stopping again on our way back so we could have a more delicious food.

Reviewed August 20, 2013

Just took my mum for birthday treat, what a lovely little place! Very friendly owner, great food and in a nice quiet place by the canal. Good job i dont live nearer......i'd be the size of a house! Would recommend

Reviewed August 20, 2013

It is some time since I last went to the 'Cake Fairies' - my loss!!
It is very child friendly and has a dedicated area which makes it easy to relax whilst little ones play.
I ordered two slices of cake for myself and my husband on the basis that my granddaughter could share mine. Ha! She ate 98% of the yummy chocolate cake and I was left with sneaking the odd bit when she wasn't looking and the crumbs. My husband's Lemon Drizzle cake was (in his words) excellent and he is not the easiest to please...... he didn't offer me any.
There is a lovely relaxed ambience about the place - you are not rushed and I get the feeling you could sit there quite happily for as long as you like without being hassled. You can also sit outside by the canal when the weather is good and watch the swans and ducks.
The Cake Fairy proprietors are well known in the local area for their community involvement - you should have seen their Jubilee Cake for the 2012 celebrations and they also provide cakes and popcorn for the local community film nights.
I definately won't leave it so long before I go back again - AND I will get my own piece of cake next time.

Reviewed August 2, 2013

I took up a groupon offer for Afternoon Tea here with a buddy for her birthday, the offer basically gave us a very pleasant thursday afternoon sat chatting and putting the world to rights whilst quaffing tea and coffee from lovely bone china cups and nibbling on a half price afternoon tea. The food was very very good and a fair offer at the groupon price. The two guys who run the place are fabulous hosts, very friendly and chatty if you wanted to or enough in the background if you didn't want to chat. It's a fantastic little place and the decor is really homely and comfy, it's like having tea in your aunties front room!
Loved it and I'll be back.

Reviewed July 24, 2013

Thank you so much we really enjoy our cake and tea never tasted cake like it .Lovely place so friendly staff just perfect you will be seeing us more often thanks a million

1  Thank michelle230269