“WOW!!!”

The Sportsmans Arms
Ranked #216 of 555 Restaurants in Chester
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Bar scene, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Cash Only, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: The Sportsmans Arms has new owners, Darren and Wendy Depuis, both local,having successfully run Two other local pubs over the last few years, have now returned from Zante in Greece, bring with them a small Greek menu of home made village food, to go with the home made English pub food menu, The village Pub is now returning to the way it always was, " We don't serve fast food, but try and serve, good, old fashioned, home made food, as soon as possible "
Cannock, United Kingdom
“WOW!!!”
Reviewed November 24, 2013

Went here last night for my sons birthday meal and OMG what a fantastic place, the staff and locals were so friendly and we felt very comfortable in the lovely warm surroundings, I know the owners say they are not a la carte, they just do pub grub but this was so much more than pub grub, everything we had was cooked to perfection, There was 9 of us and we all enjoyed our meal and said we would definately come back again.
My dad got lost on his way here from Yorkshire and he had to ask 2 separate people the way and they both said how good this pub is,I only wish this was my local

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank Neets92

“We will be back!”
Reviewed November 22, 2013

Lovely warm atmosphere on a chily November evening. Chirpy service, good menu, well prepared and well cooked food and a cracking ping of best bitter.

Only 4/5 because the missus wasnt inspired by the dessert menu. Can't say I was bothered myself, as I had another pint for my afters!

• Visited November 2013
“A nice pub that's good value”
Reviewed November 3, 2013 via mobile

Parking was a nightmare but well well worth it for the outstanding food. The service was good and the waiter was funny and chirpy. My only criticism was the lighting which is too dark and you can't see properly. Which spoiled the atmosphere the 2 lads working that night were working so hard to create.

The portion sizes are huge, not a criticism as the food is very good. Great value venue.

“Excellent, excellent, excellent!”
Reviewed October 29, 2013

We went on Monday night as a group of three, although very busy the waiting on staff had so much time for us, she was a lovely young girl who when we had a problem with the lamb dish was very attentive and had it resolved in a matter of seconds! The food was lovely, especially the pesto linguine that is 100% recommended. They have a wide variety of cask ales which my husband loved! I will definitely be coming again.

“Don’t miss this!”
Reviewed October 18, 2013

We went on a Thursday night, and found this place to be a delight! NOT just a pub! An amazing little retreat! Fantastic menu with lots of homemade food and with gastro pub/bistro food..OK Not fine dining.. Not far off..Very easy on the pocket and wine was great! Top marks value meal was had! Best food we have ever had at a small country Pub. Very clean place..Nice lades toilets and wonderful attentive staff. Don’t miss this!