“Lovely afternoon tea”

Ranked #417 of 569 Restaurants in Chester
Cuisines: British
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The Rose Garden is just the place to sit and enjoy a break from it all while still being just a 2 minute walk from the main shopping area, and the City Walls have steps straight down into our lovely Courtyard.
Reviewed February 24, 2013

Situated in the lovely Rufus Court, this little cafe provided us with a delicious afternoon tea. Very pleasant surroundings and marvellous food.

2  Thank Bard1e

Reviewed February 20, 2013

Like others before I too have been unable 2 redeem my afternoon tea voucher. I had been phoning continuously, full voicemail. On one occasion I have left a message no reply received. On a snowy day on the 26th Jan I even took my children with me to rose garden on the off chance it was open. Shock horror it was closed, had a sign saying closed Friday 17th!! It's so rude, never again.

2  Thank bala1
Reviewed February 19, 2013

I purchased a living social voucher for afternoon tea, tried several times to book but was told each time they were full, phoned again in middle of Jan so I asked when they had a slot to fit me in, I was told the only date she had left was 13 Feb, so I booked and went along on this date. We arrived and were the only people in. The decor was ok however the place was very dirty, stained table clothes, unwashed crockery stained menu, crumbs all over the carpet and the waitress / owner's apron was badly stained and shabby, if I had not already paid for the voucher I would not have stayed. Our afternoon tea arrived which was ok, sandwiches ok however the cakes were a disappointment, and scones were very very small, the cream arrived in a pot, we did not touch as it did not look or smell too good. The overall expirience was poor and I will not return.

4  Thank Ceri B
Reviewed February 15, 2013

I had made a Reservation at this Tea Shop two months previous to our visit to Chester on a Livingsocial Voucher basis. When we arrived on the day and time previously booked the shop was closed with a notice on the door saying that due to bad weather (NO BAD WEATHER AT THAT TIME) they were closed but they would honor the voucher offer at a later date. The shop keeper oposite came out and told us that the shop had been closed for at least 2 weeks. I called the shop but there was no answer and a message saying the voice mail box was full, so I emailed the shop instead explaining what had happened. The reply I got to my email was shocking. They said that they were open the day we arrived and previously booked and added that WE JUST DIDNT TURN UP!. I emailed back and said that the shop keeper accross from them had said that the shop had not been open for at least 2 weeks. The Rose Garden's reply to that was that the shop keeper oposite has been BAD MOUTHING US AND TELLING PEOPLE THAT THE DEAL IS A SCAM. Totally bad CUSTOMER SERVICE! I'm glad we didnt visit the NOT SO ROSEY TEA SHOP NOW!

3  Thank gillymay_06
Reviewed February 15, 2013

Visited as part of a Living Social deal and although we did not get our chosen dates at first it was a pleasant surprise when we did, food was good and well worth the price with an excellent choice. The owner had been swamped by Living Social deals not realising that such a small 'shappy chic' cafe would be stretched to meet the offers (900 +) .

1  Thank Phidel4444