“Terrible Customer Service”

Ranked #413 of 555 Restaurants in Chester
Cuisines: British
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The Rose Garden is just the place to sit and enjoy a break from it all while still being just a 2 minute walk from the main shopping area, and the City Walls have steps straight down into our lovely Courtyard.
wirral
“Terrible Customer Service”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

I to had a Living Social deal for afternoon tea and after lots and lots of messages and calls i eventually got through and booked afternoon tea for the following Monday.
When we arrived the place was closed so we werent very happy as we had travelled to get there.
I left a message but got no reply.
I finally got hold of the owener a few days later and was told they didnt open on a monday so didnt know why id been booked in.
She offered little apology and was quite abrupt on the phone.
Im not rebooking or bothering now, ive lost the money but i would say to anyone not to bother trying to arrange a visit.
Very very poor service and little explanation as to why theyd made such a huge cock up.
Very hard to get hold of, very dissapointed.

Visited October 2012
5 Thank paul j

Wirral, United Kingdom
“Bad Living Social experience”
Reviewed November 1, 2012

I bought a deal with livingsocial for afternoon tea. It specifies you have to ring and book. I rang and left ansaphone messages for 3 days in a row as noone answered the phone at any time of the day and noone got back to me. My husband and i went to Chester which is a 60 mile round trip for us and decided to drop in and see if they could fit us in as we had been unable to book. There was only 1 table occupied and as we walked in the owner asked us to take a seat. I didn't want to sit down and order as i knew i needed to book in advance so explained our predicament about not being able to speak to anyone on the phone . I was told that they were full, i asked if we could come back any time that afternoon as we were there for the whole day and was told they were fully booked . I fully explained that we only came to chester occasionaly as we lived so far away that we had been unable to book by phone and the owner told us she doesn't have time to answer the phone or ring people back as she works on her own and told us to contact living social and ask for a refund. I have to say at this point i was really upset by this ladies attitude and the way she spoke to us which was very abrupt and didn't even apologise. I had a look around before we left and the place looked quite scruffy and dirty so perhaps it was as well we didn't stay.I have contacted livingsocial for a refund but they won't issue one as the owner has to agree to it and she won't despite the fact she told us to ask for it.So we are out of pocket . I would never recommend this place or any deals from livingsocial !

10 Thank studmuffinswife
Chester, England, United Kingdom
“bargain tea”
Reviewed October 26, 2012

we had afternoon tea today,pot of tea ,three different types of sandwich, one quiche,three cakes, scone with jam and cream in pleasant surroundings,friendly waitress,good value.

1 Thank Hilary B
Cheshire
“Dirty”
Reviewed October 12, 2012

We got visited using a Living social voucher, would never have gone in otherwise. The place looks grubby and shabby, the table cloth, cutlery and crockery were also very grubby. The owner, who was very friendly and welcoming, was dressed in a filthy apron. I am also a baker and cake decorator and am at a loss to how this place can remain open given the conditions. There are many excellent places to eat in this area and would seek one of these out in future.

8 Thank roostorm
flossy50, Owner at The Rose Garden, responded to this review, October 18, 2012
Our tablecloths have now been replaced, however your comments would have been better made direct to me where I could have addressed them. My apron is laundered each evening and as I am the chef and you visited on a busy Saturday afternoon it is expected that there would be some marks on it - that is what it is designed for. Given your comments on here and Living Social and the fact that you are competition I feel that your comments are not constructive and are just an attempt to 'bad mouth' my business - particularly as it is the opposite to most comments posted on the living social site.
Manchester, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Newly opened bistro”
Reviewed September 16, 2012

Went last night to the newly opened Rose Garden Bistro. The food was amazing. I had cider battered vegetables to start with homemade sauces, sausage and mash with onion gravy for my main and vanilla cheesecake with forest fruits for dessert - all for an amazing £14.95. The chef was incredibly helpful and added cream to my dessert when I asked. My friend thoroughly enjoyed their meal also. The owner came to chat to us after the meal and told us about the exciting ideas for the bistro. I will definitely go back and will look forward to seeing the changes planned!

• Visited September 2012