“Amazing service!”

The Weighing Room
Cuisines: Bar
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Brought together through food and drink, we are proud to serve craft beer, wine, cocktails and simple, great locally sourced food. Social dining is our philosophy, craft beers are our passion. Come and join us in our home in the heart of Chester
Reviewed April 13, 2014

Popped in here after spotting the sign in the street advertising a lunch time platter. I have a dairy allergy and wanted to share the platter (pizza, hot dogs and chips) with the person I was with, so agreed that we'd remove the cheese from the pizza.

The staff were helpful and polite when we ordered, and then returned to let me know that the pizza would not be suitable for me to eat as there were dairy products in the base (it's really unusual for restaurants to be so conscientious and to let you know after there's a problem after ordering!) - they then offered to split half of the platter off for me and make it dairy free by adding a huge salad, loads of extra salad and chips, and give the other person half of a pizza and the regular platter. When the food arrived, they let me know that they'd called the butcher who supplies the sausages to check that they were suitable for me to eat!

The food was hot, fresh and absolutely hit the spot when it arrived, and we were only charged for the price of one platter, despite them having to cook two separate meals.

It's so refreshing to find somewhere that will go above and beyond to cater for a dairy allergy!

There are newer reviews for The Weighing Room

Reviewed April 1, 2014

I have been going to this bar for years, it was my fave bar in Chester. What the the hell has happened to it ? What on earth are the racecourse owners thinking? It looks like a youth club for 12 year olds! When it was The Pelican it was excellent, and so was the food, and the dining room upstairs was brilliant and the whole place was tasteful. Now it is just shoddy and cheap and tacky.Its such a shame and a waste , especially as this bar has one of the best outdoor terraces in Chester. I certainly wont be going there again and nor will my friends!

Reviewed March 23, 2014

2-4-1 offer for a friday night, well what can say, we arrived with 2 friends and had't booked a table we where quickly seated within 10 mins, menu was varied but we all had something different and it was lovely, food arrived quickly was hot and delicious. Will definately be going back again.
Staff very friendly and the music was cool, nice to see a DJ doing a proper job.

Reviewed March 22, 2014

I visited this venue for dinner with my girlfriend. I read the reviews and decided to give it ago anyway.

I'm so glad I did, when visiting a new place you should always go in with an open mind and try and understand what the venue is trying to do.

Great quality affordable cocktails, warm and comfy environment with some quirky decor. Then there the food, simple yet effective.. I love this idea and had some great food cooked well and very affordable.

I will recommend this place to anyone that says they are off to chester for a few days.

Also the service was first class, the manager even gave us advice on where to go out after.

Thank you for a great experience, we will definatly be back for the 'double swamp dog' it was epic!!!

Reviewed March 3, 2014

We went on a Thursday night, had 2 large burgers for £9, which is a good price and a few drinks for £1.50 each. Can't fault the price.
Service was great and the staff friendly.
Would return again.