“A refreshing change to a historic city”
Review of The Weighing Room - CLOSED

The Weighing Room
Cuisines: Bar
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Brought together through food and drink, we are proud to serve craft beer, wine, cocktails and simple, great locally sourced food. Social dining is our philosophy, craft beers are our passion. Come and join us in our home in the heart of Chester
Reviewed November 22, 2013

A funky and fresh new bar that has everything we were looking for. Amazing cocktails with different and exciting food that was served to us from order to table in 15 minutes....i will definitely be bringing my lunchtime meetings here with high end clients, it's certainly a place to impress!
Who wants over rated tapas and wine when you can have a dirty dog and a cocktail!

It's so good to see something different in a city centre full of boring branded restaurants that offer cold and over priced food which are over run by kids parties and where you have to scream for decent service from unorganized staff!

I will definitely be making this place my local!

Reviewed November 22, 2013

A group of us ate here two months ago and loved it so we booked again for a colleague's leaving party. I wasn't even there when I knew we were in trouble. One of the party rang to tell us that the menu had changed and instead of delicious and creative tapas style dining, they'd replaced the menu with hot dogs and pizza and buckets of beer.

When we arrived I was pretty shocked to see the once rather classy interior defaced with mock graffiti and the music so loud it was almost painful. We left without eating or drinking anything. When I exclaimed (rather too loudly) "What were they thinking of?" I was told by a man who clearly worked there "We're thinking of making some money".

"Not from us" I said and we all walked out to find somewhere with a proper menu.

Maybe it'll be a hit with the young and stupid who want to pay silly money for sausages. But it was a major disappointment for us.

2  Thank Koshkha
Reviewed November 20, 2013

Have been visiting the weighing room for maybe 18 months for gorgeous tapas lunchtime menu.
great venue and decor . visited today and was shocked at the graffitied walls and tacky furniture.
Hotdogs or pizza were the only thing on the menu . Walked out, so disappointed

1  Thank lorraine p
Reviewed November 20, 2013 via mobile

Visited here on the weekend with a few of my friends the refurb is amazing, also the concept of dirty dogs is brilliant we ordered and the food was with us within 15 mins all piping hot and tasty I would recommend trying the swamp dog and winner winner chicken dinner pizza. Also the cocktails are to die for and are priced well considering this is the middle of Chester. Big thank you to all the staff who were on that night will definitely be visiting you guys more keep up the good work.

Reviewed November 13, 2013

Food was nice but portions rather small, I ordered chilli prawns, literally 6 average size prawns on two mini skewers for £6, my son had a soup and sandwich also £6, bill came to £25 with two coffees!

The surroundings made up for the feeling of it being overpriced, although there was a bit of a draft by the door. The staff were pleasant and we were able to chat and catch up quite easily as it was fairly empty, which was what we wanted that day.