“Amazing place”

The Weighing Room
Cuisines: Bar
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Brought together through food and drink, we are proud to serve craft beer, wine, cocktails and simple, great locally sourced food. Social dining is our philosophy, craft beers are our passion. Come and join us in our home in the heart of Chester
Reviewed November 20, 2013 via mobile

Visited here on the weekend with a few of my friends the refurb is amazing, also the concept of dirty dogs is brilliant we ordered and the food was with us within 15 mins all piping hot and tasty I would recommend trying the swamp dog and winner winner chicken dinner pizza. Also the cocktails are to die for and are priced well considering this is the middle of Chester. Big thank you to all the staff who were on that night will definitely be visiting you guys more keep up the good work.

There are newer reviews for The Weighing Room

Reviewed November 13, 2013

Food was nice but portions rather small, I ordered chilli prawns, literally 6 average size prawns on two mini skewers for £6, my son had a soup and sandwich also £6, bill came to £25 with two coffees!

The surroundings made up for the feeling of it being overpriced, although there was a bit of a draft by the door. The staff were pleasant and we were able to chat and catch up quite easily as it was fairly empty, which was what we wanted that day.

Reviewed November 10, 2013

Recently visited for lunch with friends, and we were impressed with both the decor and the menu. The food was reasonably priced, although some dishes were rather steep for tapas. Our waitress was very nice, and attentive when she could be, but we could only feel sorry for her; as it was a busy lunch she was running around like a headless chicken, whilst what we assume to be the manager (guy in suit) stood and watched. The drinks were reasonable, and the Malbec was lovely. Would have been a better experience if it had more waiting staff, or the manager had stepped in and done some work. Good food, good drinks, POOR Management.

Reviewed October 29, 2013

Recently had lunch here with a friend on a Saturday. I am glad we had a booking and were seated by 12.30 as it became really busy and other customers were clearly becoming irritated by delays in receiving food and drinks. The waiting staff are lovely- just not enough of them. Food was good-we shared a platter which was delicious but £3.50 for a small bowl of what was clearly frozen chips-really?! Great atmosphere and fab outdoor area . Would return for drinks but possibly not food as £37 for a light lunch and 2 glasses wine is a bit steep

Reviewed October 29, 2013

Visited recently, food and drink fine but I felt very sorry for the waiter on his own trying to run both bar and restaurant while what I think was the manager (young guy in suit) just stood and spectated. I first visited this place over a year ago now and it was run much better. I wont be returning for a third time thats for sure. Disappointing as its a nice venue but run by kids in suits!