“A nice night with friends !”
Review of The Weighing Room - CLOSED

The Weighing Room
Cuisines: Bar
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Brought together through food and drink, we are proud to serve craft beer, wine, cocktails and simple, great locally sourced food. Social dining is our philosophy, craft beers are our passion. Come and join us in our home in the heart of Chester
Reviewed April 14, 2013

Staff very friendly and welcoming. Nice atmosphere, cold night but outside area has heaters - very cosy. Food - "small plates" (tapas) for starters, very nice. Steaks all the right shades of pink. One genuine criticism was although the steaks were very well cooked and tasty, all were fairly tough and when asked we fed this back, the waitress came back with the comments "chef thanks you for your comments" .....poor response! As we left we were asked if we had a nice evening etc.. And we did.

Reviewed April 5, 2013

The staff were most really great and smiley, nothing too much trouble. Nice selection of food, the Small Plates were interesting and varied. Surroundings modern and comfortable, an interesting place to visit for a drink or something to eat.

Reviewed March 31, 2013

I went here with 3 friends for a late lunch, the service was fantastic, staff very polite and the food was nice. Overall it was very relaxing and pleasant. I will go back when I am in the area again.

Reviewed March 30, 2013

I recently visited the Weighing Room with friends for a few drinks. It is decorated and furnished to a high standard and gives a welcoming feel. We were greeted by pleasant staff that were helpful and particularly knowledgeable about the menu. I didn’t intend to order anything to eat, but I'm so pleased I did. One of the ‘Tapas Style’ dishes I ordered was Monkfish which arrived quickly. It was a good sized portion and tasted fantastic. This isn’t a huge restaurant / bar so I can imagine its gets busy easily on a race day or weekend. I am looking forward to returning to the Weighing room to try other items on the menu. A really enjoyable evening, Thanks!

Reviewed March 30, 2013

I stayed in Chester over Easter weekend with my husband. Visited the Weighing Room for dinner. I could not fault the place...... Beautiful interior, food and great service. The manageress Rachel came over personally to ask if everything was ok and wished us happy anniversary after my husband told her we were celebrating our tenth anniversary. Place couldn't have been any better especially Rachel.

1  Thank susie694