“Really is a FAB place to eat”
Review of Belly Full Restaurant & Bar - CLOSED

Belly Full Restaurant & Bar
Cuisines: Caribbean
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed March 25, 2013

We have been to Bellyfull so many times now and never had a bad meal yet... It's a real shame that some people choose to focus solely on the wrong things, or there own perceptions

Trust me the food is great and the staff are wonderful..

Word of advice, go on an empty stomach, because you will defo be full when you leave....

2  Thank Chestertweets

Reviewed March 24, 2013

I am not keen on writing negative reviews unless I really have to. It has to be said though that Full Belly have a lot of work to do and right now, it's not a good experience. I will not come back simply because I was so embarrassed to have put the case to friends to go there. It's not something I'd suggest again.

Belly Full should be a roaring success. There is more than likely is real appetite for this kind of eatery in Chester and they are in a prime location. Their food is expensive but so can be most of the places situated around Full Belly. So it should work. Punters want to be fed and watered and willing to spend money.

But the service here is absolutely offensive. We came by for food and drinks. Missed the food as the kitchen was closed but no problems, we'll stay for drinks and enjoy the quite atmosphere (may as well check out the menu and the place, so that we can plan it better next time - exciting).

So we order a round of simple drinks (whilst scouting the cocktail options) - two were great but one of the beers totally off (as in, shouldn't have been served at all). We did ask for the matter to be resolved swiftly but the owner made very clear that he'd not be addressing the matter in any context. Personally, I've only ever returned a drink twice in my life and I am heading towards 40, so that perhaps highlights that the drink has been returned because there is a genuine problem.

What's annoying here is that all of our party had come into the place to spend. It was cold outside, warm inside Full Belly and we'd much prefer to just sit in there, drink some drinks and most importantly spend money.

From the minute we walked in to the minute that we left (with mostly untouched drinks), we felt very unwelcome. The owner was super rude. What is worse here is that Full Belly seems to be an ego show case for it's owners. When challenging our foul beer it seems to be a bit of a showcase for the owner in which he wanted to share our drink issue with all others in the bar. He made the comment that "we were having it on". I'll mildy point out that every member on our party have top jobs - joke is on him perhaps.

Full Belly appears to be happy to alienate customers that have come in to spend £150-£200. This surely is an insane business strategy. We immediate moved to a competitor directly opposite Full Belly and spent £200+ there.

Full Belly today is a rude, arrogant, ill mannered establishment that has a long way to go.

I'd have loved to have said the complete reverse about this place. The Carribean concept is Chester should work so well.

Reviewed March 21, 2013

Went for a drink with a colleague but found the atmosphere so chilled we decided to eat. Following recommendations from Matt the chef, we shared Chicken Bites, Callaloo & Butter Beans to start and both had the excellent (lightly spiced) Goat Curry. Callaloo looks rather like spinach and was perfect with onions and peppers. Matt was a delightful host and, when joined for drinks later by a third colleague, she was also made to feel very welcome. The lighting and music here is perfectly pitched for a relaxed and easy feel. We are back in Chester next week and will definitely be going back

1  Thank RamsgateKevin
Reviewed March 20, 2013

four of us decided to eat something other than the usual fare so called in here 19th this month,first impressions was that it would be a little"cosy" if full. building a bit small but fine if not too full. chose the marinated chicken wings to start which tasted fine, had a slight kick but not too much to overpower the taste.all four of us chose the curried goat raised a smile reading it was locally sourced,the curry is rated from one to five one being for wimps moving upwards with regards to heat of curry.advised to go for a three being critical found the goat a bit too fatty for me and not hot enough,but it did taste fine came with rice and beans we also had some fried dumplings not made with suet and these went really with the curry and some fries.for desserts a must for you sweet tooths we had vanilla and baileys cheesecake with some ice cream a lovely way to finish off. as a group we found matt very easy to like he talked gave advice and seemed an all round nice guy,so hats off to you, forgot to add good music as well, bit of ska and reggae never did anyone any harm.

Reviewed March 18, 2013

Dropped on this place by chance and had such a good time eating a mix of fresh fish, goat curry and ribs that melted in the mouth and then went downstairs for a Zombie whilst dancing to some lively music that I'd not heard in a long time. You can tell loads of thought and passion has gone into making this place, for me, as good a night out as you can have and without a doubt I'll be back again for more of the same!