“Nice Staff, Nice Food.”

Ranked #276 of 558 Restaurants in Chester
Cuisines: British
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Reservations
Description: The Vines is located at Carden Park, within 1000 acres of beautiful Cheshire countryside. Inspired by the onsite vineyard and offering a fresh, relaxed dining experience. Enjoy delicious nibbles, seasonal mains or try our speciality local steaks. An informal atmosphere, perfect for lunch in between spa treatments, a quick bite to eat before your meeting or family dinners. Try Carden 'Old Gold' sparkling wine produced by grapes grown in the onsite 4 acre vineyard.
Liverpool
“Nice Staff, Nice Food.”
Reviewed January 13, 2013

Firstly we asked to make a reservation but were told the restaurant was full but they managed to fit us in for a late reservation which we didn't mind.

Later on we got a phone call saying that some customers had cancelled and we were welcome to take their place which i found really helpful.

The food was really nice with a slight price hike and the staff were really helpful.

Visited January 2013

Cheshire
“Terrible”
Reviewed October 29, 2012

Like being in a motorway service cafe. Lacks atmosphere, food over priced, service was surly. Generally terrible. Go to Redmonds instead.

Visited October 2012
1 Thank hendy1
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Disappointing.”
Reviewed October 25, 2012

A colleague and I decided, while working in Carden Park Hotel, to dine early evening in the relatively newly refurbished Vines Restaurant. We were shown to a table of our choice by one of the very helpful and charming waiters and waitresses. Our drinks and meal orders were taken. I chose the pork sausage and mashed potato and my fellow diner ordered a medium rare burger with salad and chips. The drinks arrived exactly as requested.
On not very close examination of our cutlery, three of the four pieces had dried food particles and grease smears on them. They were replaced immediately.
The burger was well done; the sausages, however, were medium rare and very salty. The 'salad' accompanying the burger consisted of three slivers of grated carrot, a shred of lettuce and a few strands of cress.
Did we say anything? No as we were rather pressed for time and hungry.
Judging from the other reviews of the Vines made nearer the the time of its opening (April '12, I believe), things appear to have slipped a little during the succeeding months.
I shall be using a fish and chip shop in one of the local villages next time.

• Visited October 2012
2 Thank ChaCha5951
Wales
“Lovely atmosphere, service and food”
Reviewed August 11, 2012

Stayed the night in Carden Park and decided to eat in The Vines restaurant as this menu sounded very tasty!

We were greeted by a young waiter and were given a choice of where to sit which i though was a nice touch. Offered drinks upon seating and given our menus, specials and soup of the day choice. The drinks were bought to the table promptly and our order taken the same time. Starters came out approximately 15 minutes after ordering which is perfect and was beautifully cooked, I had the pea soup with a ham hock tortellini which tasted amazing. The only criticism would be the soup was a little bit too cool, bt that's probablly just my personal preference. My partner had the whitebait which he boasted were very nice aswel.

The mains came out around 5 minutes after our starters were cleared and inbetween one of the waitresses kindly topped up our wine glasses and asked if we'd had a nice day and a quick chat. It's nice to go somewhere were the staff are so friendly and helpful and make you feel welcomed.

The mains were incredible, i had sausage and mash with onion rings in a red wine jus, and my partner the chicken. The food was just so tasty and portioned perfectly, I ate every single bit on my plate. As always due to having a very sweet tooth, I ordered a dessert afterwards and again was satisfied with the quality of the dessert. I had banoffee pie which was to die for with a ferrero roche icecream and my partner the whitechocolate and strawberry cheesecake.

Service and food throughout the evening was lovely and I can't really fault anything.

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank Medi90
manchester
“Fabulous Kebabs”
Reviewed July 10, 2012

Had heard a lot about the new Vines , and have to say was not dissapointed . Great atmoshere , and the choice on the menu was great as well as good value . My friend and I ordered the Carden Kebab and The Carden Burget , and both were exceptional . Look great and tasted great . Loved the way the Kebab came out , not often I take a photo of food .But wanted to recreate it back home .

• Visited June 2012