Pied Bull Inn
$88
$161
Orbitz.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewsmicro brewerythe pubbrewery tourdisco lightsfour postercity centre pubolde worldegreat beermarket car parkbeer gardenfull englishfor sunday lunchlots of charactertwin roomshower headmy partnergreat shower
Reviewed April 22, 2010

booked a 2 night break at the pied bull for my 50th,location of the inn was brill.staff freindly and helpfull,breakfast was good kept you going most of theday .Room we had was cosy but not level,hence the age of the inn.You even get a key to the front door, which was a novelty to open the front door of the pub at 1-30am!

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 14, 2010

The location of this hotel is fantastic, the full english breckfast gives you a good start to the day, the staff are very friendly and helpful, in all the pied bull was excellent for our weekend away.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 8, 2010

I booked this hotel mainly for it's location. I'd pre-booked parking at a cost of £10 per day. We'll I couldn't park in their car park the first night even though I'd paid. another guest was blocking all the spaces. The hotel did call them and ask them to move it but they refused. SO had to park somewhere else. The Next day under instructions I parked where they directed me to. Only to phone to be ask to move it. Now I wasn't in a position to come straight back but when I did the Landlord became very abusive shouting and ranting at me about the time it took me to return. Sorry but as I was on foot and reliant on public transport I got back as quick as I could. When I pointed out that I was parked where they had asked me to he became very sullen. Then he demanded my car keys saying I should have left them with reception even though the guest who has blocked all the spaces the previous night hadn't left theirs. The landlord failed to produce any evidence that he was insured to drive my car yet still wanted the key leaving. I didn't get back any of the money I paid for parking and it does seem strange to have to pay up front for rooms.
The landlord has no customer skills and is very rude. If you're thinking of staying here don't leave your car keys with the hotel as they don't seem insured to drive it.
4/10 for customer service.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Graymond
Reviewed December 26, 2009

If I could give this hotel a minus for service & value it would be -1000.

My wife and our friends stayed in this hotel for 1 night after a race meeting at chester races, and have been returning customers for a number of years.

Credit card statement arrived a few weeks after our stay only to see we had been charged an extra night. Transpires that they had charged us a cancellation fee (of one nights stay totalling £120) for not turning up, even though we had already paid for 2 rooms for one nights stay. Tried to query this with the staff they were as helpful as a chocolate teapot. When we finally got hold of the manager after a couple of days only to be told it is my word against his and i would not be able to prove i was right, even though the credit card they had charged was supposedly cancelled. There was no investigation no interest and the customer service I was given was diabolical.

Whos to say they dont do this to any old customer when their sales are low and to get their revenue up one month. The age old saying of the customer is always right went out of the window here an i certainly will not be returning.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
7  Thank racegoer19
Reviewed November 28, 2009

I stayed at The Pied Bull 24th Nov 2009 for 2 nights B&B.

My room was warm, clean, constant hot water, a good size & had every thing you hope to expect (but do not always get). At the price I was not expecting too much & was more than pleased with what I got. This is not to imply I am used to staying in rubbish places, just that given the location, the history, the period features this place is a bargain.

The staff are wonderful - customer service at its best.

The inclusive breakfast was freshly cooked - full English, fried bread, hash brown, sausage, tomatoe, beans, bacon & fried egg with toast. Could have had cereal as well.

They also serve excellent food during the day & evening. The regulars rightly recommended eating there for quality, taste & value. The menu is comprehensive - all tastes catered for.

Give this place a go.