See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed November 2, 2016 via mobile

I wanted to leave some final words on my own personal experience of Frogg Manor, I perhaps visited 4 or 5 times over 20 years.

I will always have the fondest memories of some beautiful food and a warm, eccentric gentleman. I can probably see how some people may not have warmed to him and maybe saw the flaws of Frogg Manor but for me... my visits will always stay fondly etched in my memories.

I have noted Mr John E Sykes, proprietor left this world in May of this year. God Bless to a gentleman who although I only met a handful of times...I shall never forget. Thank you.

Stayed: November 2016, traveled as a couple
8  Thank Ambrose1975
Reviewed April 29, 2015 via mobile

We booked to stay in the tree house and it was wonderful! The food was out of this world and the hotel quirky and fun! Mr Frogg is eccentric and talented! Seriously would recommend this place :) parking is ample and it's close the Chester if you want to mix in some sight seeing! If I had to be critical it was a bit dusty in places but more than compensated for with the atmosphere and food :)

Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
7  Thank brummie_rabbit
Reviewed September 10, 2014 via mobile

After reading the reviews and visiting this place it strikes me as a sort of marmite hotel the people either love or hate.

Personally for me it was cluttered, dirty and had far to much personal taste. It was sort of close to standing with an eccentric, hoarding friend with autism.

This man should not be in the service industry as his people skills match that of a tree and this "hotel" was most defiantly not my cup of tea!

Stayed: September 2014, traveled as a couple
9  Thank Clare B
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Frog manor has a wonderful sign as you drive down the sweeping driveway 'welcome to the normal, leave the made world behind'. The house is covered as one would expect in frogs! Any shape and medium, they are everywhere. The bedrooms are all individual and are fitted with the very best mattresses and linen. I loved the huge bath we had and was touched at the play squinty frogs on the side to play with. The food in the dining room was excellent.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Trish G
Reviewed March 11, 2013

Complete dump. Dirty, tired and out dated. Wouldn't like to guess when a hoover was last used. Totally over priced. Breakfast consisted off cereal and toast. Was asked to order what cereal you wanted the day before. I have never chewed cornflakes before- dread to think how old they were. Can only have cooked breakfast at a weekend. Evening meal was overpriced. Only guest in the hotel- what a surprise!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family