See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed October 2, 2011

this is probably the worst hotel we have ever stayed in, its filthy for a start, whilst i get its supposed to be old fashioned the place is disgusting, we were bought this as a xmas gift what a complete waste of money. the reception area is a real site, then appears the owner who apart from needs customer service course he also needs SHOES!!!! YES shoes the site of his ugly toe nails is enough to make you sick.How can he get away with this sort of place is beyond me. he is also very rude, he took our credit card which is really starting to worry me because he accidently ( right ) put £1000 on it. Breakfast is supposed to be included but this was cereal and toast which had to be ordered the night before CRAZY !!!
WE decided not to bother and leave at 8.30 we coudnt get out the doors were locked and no one was about, eventually we escaped through the woodlands and i have never been more relieved. i am still in a state of shock. i have a good sense of humour i like different things but this place was nothing more than a pure nightmare. red letter days dont list them in your brochure

Room Tip: dont bother
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
9  Thank chris u
Reviewed September 19, 2011

We went here to celerate our first wedding anniversary and were quite disappointed,
Having been bought a voucher for 'gourmet dining' we decided to treat ourselves to a night in the overpriced hotel also.
Expected something very posh but ended up going to the local ASDA to purchase some more casual clothes to those we had taken with us in preparation for our evening meal.
The website is very decieving. The grounds are all overgrown, everywhere inside is cluttered and dusty.
The owners, although clearly mad, were friendly enough although I did not feel that the service we recieved in both the hotel and restaurant was inkeeping with the price tag.
If you've got some money to waste I would recommend you go here with an open mind and have a giggle at all the eccentricities, otherwise give it a miss.

Room Tip: Do not pay extra for a larger room, they are equally as cluttered and unclean. The bed was perfectly comfortable in the smallest room.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Kelly C
Reviewed September 19, 2011

What can I say about this place !
I have read the negative reports on here and I would stress to anyone going, just have a open mind, chill out, and enjoy the charm of the place.
The owner/chef is very talented and please don't be offended by him.
When we arrived (approx 10 mins early) the owner greeted us with " you are that early I haven't even peeled the veg yet"
The food by the way was amazing and my wife fell in love with Bubbles the dog.
To the staff - thankyou very very much for a great night and we will return time and time again.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Lovefood m
Reviewed September 14, 2011

We have just had the pleasure of visiting Frogg Manor again. We stayed in The Mountbatten room, different to last time. Very nice, clean and extremely comfortable. The relaxed atmosphere is what makes Frogg Manor what it is...you are completely away from normal life, something I think people are failing to understand... You either "get it" or you dont. Fortunately we completely get it!!!! Our meals were to die for... smoked salmon in a filo parcel, unique and absolutely delicious... Long John steak, cooked to perfection(of course) ending with bread and butter pudding(signature dish) My partner opted for the other signature dish of garlic mushrooms to start... followed by steak and bread and butter also. Our waitress/barmaid/front of house lady was very knowledgable and down to earth. Our courses came as we requested and cooked and served as described by her. Later in the evening she introduced us to Mr Sykes, whom I have met briefly before. he was chatty and witty, as was his wife charlie. A few dances and drinks later we retired to bed pleasantly full and merry. In the morning the same lady(Jo) gave us a warm welcome at the breakfast table and even agreed to give us a guided tour of all the other rooms before we departed including the Treehouse which I am now working on my partner to book for next time!!!! All in all a lovely relaxing stay. Thankyou Mr Sykes, Charlie and Jo, you made us feel like part of the family and looked after us. We will be back to stay in the Treehouse as soon as I have saved up enough... Cant wait

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 5, 2011

Interesting. Very interesting.

I'd recommend this place to anyone and everyone.

John Sykes, the Chief Frogg, is a 'character'. Fruit. Loop. Great man. Keep up the good work!!!!!

Good bar and dancefloor area upstairs, with a very very odd collection of bric-a-brac and general clutter. Brilliant. Danced the night away to Shed Seven.

Strange no-cash concept at bar, where instead you set up a tab and they take your card details and leave them in a notepad on the bar for perusal by anyone who wants a peep. Brilliant. Didn't matter too much as we brought drink with us and kept it in a cool box in the boot of my chum's car boot. A wise choice bearing in mind the bar ran out of all beer by 6pm approx.

Food was very nice, all prepared by the Chief Frogg's fair hands.

Oh, and the walkway / bridge almost collapsed as a few of us walked over it.

All in all: amazing.