1,628 results
All reviews race course city centre white horse beans refurbished room free car park budget hotel free breakfast short walk the breakfast area hot drinks third floor excellent location would stay again yogurt short stay no air con
Selected filters
Reviewed September 11, 2019

Spent a couple of nights in the hotel and found it to be spotlessly clean with very friendly and accommodating staff. Very nice buffet breakfast with a good few hot options. If this is the standard across all holiday inn express hotels, I would definitely consider returning.

Date of stay: September 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank William M
Lucy E, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Chester - Racecourse, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

I will be sure to pass your comments on to the staff, who I am sure will be delighted.

I am also pleased to hear that you enjoyed our breakfast, which is sourced locally with award winning sausages.

Reviewed September 10, 2019

I think that breakfast is always included with "HIE" (but do check). We got a very good rate. I'd describe the quality as a whole as being between "Premier Inn" and "Travelodge". We could hear traffic noise and we were there midweek but I am not saying that it kept me awake.

1  Thank 123Atlast456
Reviewed September 3, 2019 via mobile

Checked in at Holiday Inn Chester and spent 3 nights. Room small but comfortable, could have benefited from 2 seats. Breakfast included in price and more than adequate to suit anyone. Everything from scrambled eggs to mini blueberry muffins. Chester is a buitiful place to visit and as a mid week holiday was really enjoyed by my wife and me. Plenty of places to visit and places to eat. Well worth a visit to this historic town. All in all a very pleasant experience. Staff in hotel excellent and standards very good. Would rate this as a 4 out of 5 only thing letting this down was size of room.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank HonestGeordie

Reviewed September 2, 2019

The staff are pleasent enough. But if you want to have a quite comfortable nights sleep (a basic requirement for a hotel)you may wish to book elsewhere! At check-in I asked for a quite room, told my room was at back of hotel room 113. Rooms are uncomfortably warm, even though it wasn't a particularly hot day. Had to sleep with the window open, there was a constant noise, from what sounded like a compressor, finished off in the early hours by the bin lorry directly outside my window picking up all the rubbish/empty bottles.I'm a IHG member and won't be staying at this hotel again.

Date of stay: September 2019
1  Thank Brian B
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Chester - Racecourse, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Hello Brian B,

Thanks for staying with us and for leaving a review. I am happy that you found our staff accommodating. We always want to provide a fresh, practical and efficient stay experience to our guests. On the other hand, I am sorry to learn that the condition of the room and noise challenges negatively affected your overall satisfaction. This is not the kind of experience we want our guests to have. I have alerted the hotel management of your points, I trust they'd look into room 113 for improvement.

Thanks again for your stay, and for your loyalty as one of our IHG Rewards Club members.

Best Regards,

John O
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed August 24, 2019 via mobile

Lovely clean hotel and very welcoming staff. The room had everything we needed after a long day at Chester zoo. Breakfast was also great and nothing was too much trouble for any member of staff we encountered. We have a 2 year old granddaughter who has coeliac disease and they provided gluten free cereal and toast for her. They also cooked gluten free sausages for her. I would definitely return again. I work as a breakfast chef at a competitor chain and I could not fault anything in this hotel. Well done to you all.

Trip type: Traveled with family