“Excellent value for money”

Holiday Inn Express Chester - Racecourse
Ranked #17 of 44 Hotels in Chester
Reviewed March 23, 2014

Stayed here for 1 night to celebrate my birthday with my wife. Fantastic location and great value at £41 including breakfast! Rooms were very clean and tidy and we'll presented and we were lucky to get one overlooking the racecourse. Bar area was very modern and reasonably priced so overall very pleasing. I added on my comments when booking that the stay was for my birthday and when we arrived I had a card and bottle of wine in the room which was a lovely surprise. Thank you! All in all a very pleasant stay and no negative comments at all.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Scoullar, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Chester - Racecourse, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time out to review your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Express, Chester race course.

I'm thrilled to read you had an enjoyable time with us and thank you for all your wonderful comments - I shall pass your lovely review on to my team.

I'm glad to see you enjoyed your birthday wine from us

Thank you for your overall score of 5 stars and we hope to see you again in the near future

Kind regards

Steven

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express Chester - Racecourse

Reviewed March 23, 2014

I have just returned from my daughters hen weekend ,we stayed one night in this holiday inn and as we were so impressed by it I came straight home to write this ,
The staff are so friendly they will do anything for you nothing is too much trouble, the atmosphere is so relaxing you can tell the staff enjoy coming to work and you could see when they were busy and they help each other out . It is a few minutes taxi ride away from chester centre and about a ten to fifteen walk , the rooms were really clean and the beds were amazingly comfortable. Breakfast was really nice and plenty of it , tea and coffee is available all day and night free of charge. Would certainly recommend .

Room Tip: Would not recommend the ground floor there can be a lot of noise from people outside
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
Scoullar, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Chester - Racecourse, responded to this reviewResponded March 24, 2014

Dears Debs

Thank you for taking the time out to review your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Express, Chester Race course.

I'm very pleased to see you had an enjoyable time at the hotel and thank you for all your kind comments. Its always nice to read that the staff our going out of their way to ensure guests stay are enjoyable and relaxing. I shall pass this on to our team

I would also like to thank you for your overall score of 5 stars and we hope to see you back in the near future.

Kind regards

Steven

Reviewed March 21, 2014 via mobile

Stayed on a business stop over and was very impressed with the very modern hotel . Rooms were far better than I've had on other visits .
Rooms were quite pricey though for just a small standard room .
Breakfast was very good , tv's all round to watch the news while you eat .

Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Scoullar, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Chester - Racecourse, responded to this reviewResponded March 22, 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to review the Holiday Inn Express Chester Racecourse.

I am delighted you enjoyed your time with us and appreciate the 5 star review you have awarded us.

Your kind comments will be passed on to the team too, who I am sure will be thrilled.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed March 20, 2014

Stayed here for two nights. Well located hotel only five to ten minutes walk into the shopping centre. Staff were all very pleasant and helpful. The room was clean with plenty of space. Nice soft bed and a choice of pillow comfort. Complimentary breakfast had of plenty of choice - hot food was sausages, scrambled egg and baked beans. A good selection of various pastries, cereals, fresh fruit, yoghurts and a toast machine all replenished frequently, also fruit juices, coffee and various teas. Would stay here again if we re- visit Chester.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to review your time with us, at The Holiday Inn Express Chester Racecourse.

I am delighted you enjoyed nights stay and your kind comments will be passed on to the team.

It is great to receive reviews to ensure we make the relevant changes whilst keeping the things our guests come to love and expect, so it great to read you enjoyed our breakfast offering.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Chester in the near future.

Reviewed March 19, 2014

My husband and myself stayed here for one night during the week, the welcome we recived was very good the receptionist was very pleasent and helpful. Our room was on the 1st floor and was clean and spacious nice bathroom with plenty of hot water. we asked about restaurants nearby and were told of two on site which we were given a discount card for, we ate at The White Horse wich is just across the car park the food was good and the staff very friendly. There is free parking at the hotel which is a bonus and it's within walking distance of the centre about 5 mins walk. We had drinks in the bar in the evening and these were resonably priced and again great staff. With a free good breakfast and free WFI this is an excellent choice of hotel when visiting Chester.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to review The Holiday Inn Express Chester Racecourse.

I am delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and managed to experience Chester fully.

Your kind comments will be passed on to the team who I am sure will be thrilled.

I am pleased you manage to try one of our onsite restaurants; I will make sure your feedback is passed on.

Once again thank you for taking the time to review your stay and we will look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed March 16, 2014 via mobile

Stayed in this hotel with a group of girls and didn't pay alot so wasn't expecting much so was pleasantly suprised. The staff were all friendly, the room was nice. The hotel is only a short walk from the town centre so great location. Loved the fact you could help yourself to free hot drinks during your stay. Was lovely after a night out to come back to the hotel and have hot chocolates.

• Stayed: March 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to review your time with us at the Holiday inn Express Chester Racecourse.

I am delighted you enjoyed your stay and thank you for the 5 star rating you have issued.

I am glad you found the hotel good value for money and were able to experience Chester fully.

It is always great to receive a review as this enables us to make the relevant changes but also keep the things our guests love and I am happy you loved out free hot drinks!

We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed March 15, 2014 via mobile

Perfect location just a very short walk from the beautiful old city centre of Chester.. Modern hotel with great rooms, free wifi throughout, free hot drinks and free hot buffet breakfast.. Fantastic value, friendly staff.. 10/10 perfect we'll be back!

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to review your time with us at The Holiday Inn Express Chester Racecourse.

I am delighted you enjoyed your stay and appreciate the 5 star rating you have provided.

We are extremely luck with our location have a beautiful city on our doorstep and views across Chester Racecourse.

It is great to read you took advantage of our free wi-fi, hot drinks and breakfast and your kind comments will be passed onto the staff too.

It is always good to read a review which ends with "we'll be back!” we look forward to seeing you again soon.