“Leisure guest” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #31 of 45 Hotels in Chester
liverpool
“Leisure guest”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2012

Stayed here Saturday May 26th had tried to stay in Chester city centre but was very all booked up due to the races being on. Can honestly say was so pleased with my stay i wil not be looking to stay in the city again. It is a very short taxi ride in to the city. I arrived early morning although i was told it was a two oclock check in on booking the staff were not in the slightest put out even though they were in the process of setting up a wedding. They sorted me a coffee and proceeded to sort a room for me and my wife. We booked in to a very clean room although it was not the best view in the world it did not bother us as we were out for the day. After a great day out we returned and enjoyed the rest of our evening relaxing in the bar. Over hearing the wedding they had nothing but great comments from thier day also. They made everyone feel important. Looking forward to my return.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
, General Manager at Days Hotel Chester North - Gateway to Wales, responded to this review, June 22, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your experinces on Tripadvisor and I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your recent stay with us. You appear to have enjoyed your stay with us and I hope that you will visit us again when next in the Chester and North Wales area.

Matt Knight

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Bangor, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2012

Due to the nature of my work, I use the Days Hotel Chester North often as a base to travel between Chester, Liverpool and Manchester. Over the past 3years I have stayed here many times, and due to the type of work I do check in times vary from early afternoon to late. The staff on the Reception (whatever the time of day) are always courteous and very helpful.
The rooms are always comfortable and clean, enabling me to re charge my batteries. Breakfasts are always an essential meal of the day for me and here there are plenty of choices for all tastes, from the full English to the healthy option.
The Restaurant has a warm and friendly atmosphere and is always a good place to visit after a long day. Meals are always excellent covering all from steaks to snacks.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to share your experinces with the world on Tripadvisor. I am delighted to read that you have enjoyed your stays with us and we hope to welcome you back very soon.

Menai Bridge, Wales, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2012

As a Director of Welshot Imaging (Photographic Academy) it is my job to find the venues for our business. We need function rooms, bedrooms, excellent food (plenty of it) and good service with staff members that understand our needs and work with us so that we can run our business effectively and efficiently. Well, this venue is one of the best we have ever had the good fortune to work with. They will always go the extra mile to ensure we can do our job.

Not only that, but when we do need a break or a de stress, but need to be close to Liverpool, Chester or Manchester then this is the venue for us. Ok, traffic noise is sometimes an issue, but that's the price you pay for the ease of getting to 3 major (4 if counting North Wales) city locations.

Food more than great and with the spacious rooms I have chilled out and just slept, recharged the batteries or worked in my clean room on more than one occasion. Room service is a given and I am always well and truly looked after.

The fact I can continue to work (Free Wifi) is also very helpful. It's not often you can get free wifi in hotels these days and it makes it a winner for just that... My business depends on it.

I use this venue as a drop in as well, easy to meet clients for a short or long meeting and the coffee is excellent.

Believe me, one of my hardest jobs is to find a "Good" venue, not just rooms and food but also service and as I am obsessed with good service to my clients nothing less will do for me.

I would recommend this venue for anyone but if you are in business then you cant go wrong in my book.

I and my company use this venue at least once per month.

Lee Iggulden
Business Development Director
Welshot Imaging Photographic Academy.

Room Tip: Bottom floor and not on the main road side. I also find if I close the window the traffic is not...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Lee, thank you very much for your comments on Tripadvisor, we value your business greatly and your clearly value the service levels that our team provide for you.

I look forward to seeing you at the hotel again soon.

Peterborough, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2012

On arriving our room wasn't ready and we had to wait until 2 in the afternoon before we could get in it. The receptionist was rude and very unhelpful. Our key card didn't work. The bathroom was dirty and the door wouldn't shut properly. The sheets on the bed were very scratchy. Don't get a room on the A550 side due to the noise of heavy traffic. The corridor outside the room was very noisy with people shouting and slamming doors in the early hours of the morning due to a wedding that was taking place. The fish foot cleaning bath situated near to the restaurant was rather off putting. Anyone who is interested in swimming will find themselves very disappointed in the size of the pool. Hotel not fit for a leisure break. We also had to make our own toast for breakfast in the restaurant.

Room Tip: Don't book a room on the A550 side of the hotel
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
MattKnight, General Manager at Days Hotel Chester North - Gateway to Wales, responded to this review, May 29, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on Tripadvisor and your feedback is extremely welcome. I am obvioulsy dissapointed to read that your stay wasn't everything that you had wished for and I apologise for this. Cleanliness and staff friendliness is something that we take very seriously here and areas that generally we excel in, I again apologise if this wasn't the case during your stay.

We do have a 2pm check in policy to allow us to get our bedrooms ready from the evening before, while still aloowing people to remain in their bedrooms until 11am, we do endevour to get all bedrooms ready as early as possible before 2pm, but we are unable to do this all of the time, hence we we offer a guaranteed check in time from 2pm which is standard practice.

Thanks you once again for your comments and if you would like to discuss further, please do not hesitate to contact me if you would like to discuss further.

Kind regards

Matt Knight

Travelers are raving about these Chester hotels

Barrow in Furness, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2012

our daughter booked this as a surprise break...and what a surprise we got! Room was comfortable and bigger than expected, with a seperate dressing room too! Restaurant food well presented and tasty at reasonable prices. The swimming pool is just the right size for a swim before dinner and then into the jaccuzzi. A great steam room and sauna which certainly lifted my work stress away!!! Only negative is that it's right off the A550 and although we didn't hear the traffic at night, you new it was there.I wouldn't stay for more than a weekend as there is nothing in the area except a pub and an Indian Restaraunt (all you can eat and drink for £20 pp). Very nice.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jedmo2010
MattKnight, General Manager at Days Hotel Chester North - Gateway to Wales, responded to this review, May 9, 2012
Thank you for your review of your recent stay with us at Days Hotel Chester North. I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you made full use of our leisure club aswell as our restaurant.

We value your comments greatly and I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2012

What a lovely clean bolt hole!...restaurant food was fantastic!!!!....3 nights for £100.00 couldn't go wrong!!..... A *

• Stayed March 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to review us on Tripadvisor. I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you felt our food was 'fantastic'.

We really do appreciate you taking the time to post your comments and i hope to welocme you back to Days Hotel in the near future.

Essex, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2012

It's a bit difficult to review this hotel. On one hand it's a very nice hotel with spa facilties and the rooms are fine. It's just off the A550 whihc makes it convenient to get to Chester/North Wales/Liverpool.

However, i can only base my review on the experience we had.

We had a room on the A550 side of the hotel on the first floor. This meant that we were overlooking the road (which is more or less a motorway). We didn't really notice the noise during the day but at night the amount of high speed traffic was tremendous. This included a lot of lorries and coaches and unfomratuently the double glazing seems totally inadequate to mitigate against this noise. I would recommend the hotel invest in some acoustic glazing which is more suitable for the location of the hotel.

On the second night there was a party being held in one of the conference rooms. There was no problem with music etc but some of the party were staying at the hotel. This meant we had to endure shouting in the corridors, slamming doors (which got really annoying and are very loud) and even people trying to get into our room! This went on until about 3am at least but I had kind of given up looking at the clock by then.

Our last night was quieter except for the road noise again. However, there then seemed to be a constant noise from what sounded like furniture being moved every 30 seconds. I'm not sure if this was a service lift or something else but it was a bit like water torture until about 1am.

Having said all that the spa features are really nice and we enjoyed the jacuzzi and sauna. The staff were nice when we couldn't get in our room (our key card didn't work) and managed to eventually resolve the problem.

I wouldn't stay here again for an exteneded break - maybe just 1 or 2 nights but only with a room away from the road!

Room Tip: Get a room away from the road!
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank bluemoo
Thank you for taking to the time to pass on your comments about our hotel. We really appreciate your feedback, positive and negative, so that we can improve on our service and product.

Thank you once again for your feedback and I hope to welcome you back in the near future.