“£18 for 3 baps and a can of pop each!!!!”
Review of The York Roast Co

The York Roast Co
Ranked #362 of 555 Restaurants in Chester
Cuisines: British
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast
Stoke-on-Trent
“£18 for 3 baps and a can of pop each!!!!”
Reviewed October 27, 2013 via mobile

Bloody terrible!! We were looking for somewhere quick and tasty to eat whilst shopping and were tempted in by the lovely looking meats. I ordered 3 baps and brought 2 cans & 1 water....I nearly passed out when the rude waitress asked for over £18. We were charged 25p for apple sauce and 25p for the smallest piece of crackling. The order came wrong, staff were walking through the restaurant with bin bags and the music was blaring loud. It was complete day light robbery....will never eat there again.

Chester, United Kingdom
“Promises so much delivers so little”
Reviewed October 27, 2013

I had eaten at the York Hog Roast some 3 months ago and been thoroughly disappointed but I thought I would give them a second chance, I wish I hadn't bothered. The joints of meat in the window look so tempting but once inside the very cramped cafe the temptation soon goes.
I ordered a pork bap with extra crackling and as I don't like dry food asked for some butter.
Not only did they not have any butter when it came it was without the crackling and as dry as a bone. The nice young waitress took it back and suggested some gravy, the bap returned with 4 small pieces of what can only be described as "pork scratchings" and a bap so soggy with gravy as to be inedible. Needless to say the York Hog roast will not be getting a third chance.

Melbourne, Australia
“Tasty Treat”
Reviewed October 27, 2013

During a recent visit to Chester I ate at this place. Was not disappointed. The roast beef with stuffing and horseradish sauce was excellent, along with the vegetables I selected. Found the staff courteous but the dining space was a little cramped. I considered that I got value for the 11 pounds that it cost. Excellent coffee as well.

• Visited September 2013
Rochester NY
“Great sandwich”
Reviewed October 24, 2013

The pork with dressing bap was delicious, and a bargain at 4 pounds. For 25p more, you can get cracklings, which are good but could break your teeth. All of us were pleased with our choices. A bit tight in the dining area, but we were just there for a quick bite.

Manchester, United Kingdom
“Rip off ”
Reviewed October 16, 2013 via mobile

We had roast pork baps and a bottle of water each (not even a expensive make!) and we sat in. Now it was early in the day so the lunch time rush hadn't started either. I'm afraid our baps were cold and very unappetising and for the honour of eating here it cost nearly £15 so beware they charge hilarious prices for every tiny thing.