“Great food nice ambience”
Review of Koconut Grove

Koconut Grove
Ranked #62 of 576 Restaurants in Chester
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed July 2, 2014

Serves South Indian food which tends to be more spicy than other areas.
This was probably one of the best Indian meals I have ever had. The food was fantastic.
Really nice atmosphere and good service. Avoid the draught cobra as it was weak and tasteless and stick to bottled beer. But that was a minor issue.
Can't return as I don't live in Chester but I certainly recommend this lovely restaurant.

Reviewed July 1, 2014 via mobile

Ate here with seven business colleagues and had a great meal. I normally go for creamy curries so enjoyed the Nadan Kozhi Chicken curry. Lots of tasting of each other's dishes, all have vowed to return to the Koconut Grove.

Reviewed July 1, 2014

I went to this restaurant last Friday with my husband and his son. We had not been to Koconut Grove in quite a while, so were interested to see if they had maintained the excellent standard of our meals there last year.

I am pleased to say that they have. We had a delicious meal, very reasonably priced, and the décor continues to be bright and modern.

I stuck with the South Indian specialities, having a spicy fish starter and the Nadan Kozhi chicken curry with tamarind rice. It was all excellent, and the tamarind rice was a particular favourite, absolutely delicious. My husband and his son were also very pleased with their meals. I had an indian dessert (they do English desserts as well), the Rava Kesari, which was really yummy, my husband had sticky toffee pudding and his son had Gulab Jamun (or doughnuts, as he ordered them as!). All very good.

The service is prompt and efficient, the meal was excellent value for money, and the ambience is very pleasant. The menu is very varied, and includes south Indian specialities, standard Indian food, and English food. There is something there for everyone.

I thoroughly recommend this restaurant, and we will definitely not leave it so long before returning.

Reviewed June 29, 2014

I have had the Sunday Lunch Buffet here several times and have always been impressed with the quality and range of food. Each Sunday has had a very different selection of interesting dishes; the chef clearly enjoys producing variety - and I enjoy eating it!

Reviewed June 25, 2014

Enjoyed Father's day at Coconut Grove. Place was not too busy. Food was hot and frequently refreshed. Ambience was good. We had a relaxed lunch. Good selection of food. Highly recommend.