“Good Food!”

Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed April 12, 2013

This was our second visit to the Koconut grove and i was just as impressed as my first visit, the Restaurant itself is clean and modern, the staff were efficient and friendly & prices reasonable.
The food is excellent, we decided to stick to the southern Indian menu for something different and were extremely happy with the dishes, very flavorsome & well presented.
I would encourage people to visit and try for yourself i don't think you will be disappointed.

1  Thank Rdfdr78
There are newer reviews for Koconut Grove

Reviewed April 10, 2013

Very different to your typical Indian restaurant. The beef dosa and Kerala fish curry are to die for. The first time me and my friend ate here, all we could say was 'Mmmm!' Lovely. Be adventurous. The prices are reasonable, the place is modern and clean, and the service is good but discreet. Just been for my third visit. Definitely on my favouries list.

Reviewed April 10, 2013

I was recommended the Koconut Grove by a friend with a passion for curries. So I had high expectations. They were easily met by this gem of a restaurant. It is light and airy with a modern atmospere.The food is South Indian and features a lot of curry leaves and coconut though more familiar dishes are also available. There are a lot of interesting dishes that you may not have heard of including fish and pork dishes.We were there at lunchtime and selected dishes from the menu are available as a lunchtime special option (2 courses for £7.95). This was excellent value. I will be returning with my wife and friends very soon for an evening meal! Can't wait!

1  Thank AlanMarie_11
Reviewed April 10, 2013

They call themselves a South Indian restaurant,being a south India i was terribly disappointed with the food.Nothing was South India.
we had their Lamb biriyani,Fish curry,beef fry and pork vindaloo. Everything turned out to be just so-so.
If you are a south indian,you will find this place deceiving.

Koconutgrove, Owner at Koconut Grove, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2013

Dear Aswathy,

Thank you for your review regarding your dining experience at Koconut grove Restaurant in Chester,

Koconut grove is an authentic south indian restaurant with a great kitchen team from Kerala (south India) with 15 years of experience in south indian cooking. We prepare all our dishes from fresh ingredients and follow authentic south indian recepies. The only difference we make in the recepie is the quantity of chillies used to suit the taste of different type of customers but we always give the customers the option of mild or spicy curry. If you refer to the other reviews on trip advisor by different customers from different part of the world and how much they enjoyed south indian food at koconut grove.
We would like to welcome you back to the restaurant and explain to us how you like your food we will meet your expectation

Reviewed April 9, 2013

Fantastic restaurant. Great range of exotic and familiar Indian dishes. Prompt and friendly service. Was eating alone on this occasion but will bring friends along for my next visit. Other groups in the restaurant ranged from couples to large family groups and all seemed to be having a great time. Highly recommended.