“Delicious sounth indian food”
Review of Koconut Grove

Koconut Grove
Ranked #44 of 573 Restaurants in Chester
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed February 10, 2013 via mobile

I been to all other indian restaurant in chester.but i never had a proper indian curry any where. Koconutgrove offer aunthentic south indian cusine ,menu looks completly different .i had chicken dosa starter and kerala fish curry as a main .l really enjoyed my meal and i recoment all others to try this delicious cusine.
They got roof top free car park as well.

1  Thank gop81

Reviewed February 9, 2013

First time visit, food tasted fine but the whole experience lacked atmosphere. Reminded me of shere khan which was far too sanitised for my taste, much like eating an Indian in an upmarket tesco cafe. Prawn cocktail starter was more like shrimp cocktail they were so small. No complaints with the staff, fine and not overbearing but Barton Rouge is a far better alternative in my opinion

Reviewed February 6, 2013 via mobile

A very poorly made curry. Flavour was there but the sauce was far too watery. The naan looked like it had come out of an over rather than freshly cooked in a tandoor. No decent beer choice, Over priced for what you get. I just wouldn't bother.

Reviewed February 3, 2013

I’m not a big fan of most Indian restaurants (much better Indian food at home), but the reviews of this one got me interested so we tried it on a Sunday evening. Very quiet. Apart from my wife and I there was only 1 other table of 4 people. We shared a prawn doza as a starter, following the advice of the waiter not to have one each. My Kerala Fish Curry was a nice piece of salmon in a lovely sauce. Not quite the same as a Madhur Jaffrey Boatman’s Curry, but still very nice. Masala Potatoes a very nice alternative to rice. Waiter very nice, polite and willing to give advice. Definitely want to go again.

1  Thank Ken J
Reviewed February 1, 2013

The restaurant we originally intended going to had poor reviews so we decided to visit the Koconut Grove. They told us they were fully booked that evening as they had a couple of large parties, but they said there was a table for us.

There was plenty to choose from the menu and our drinks and food were brought to us with very little wait. The food was delicious and plentiful! We both struggled to finish our main courses.

We would definitely go back again and highly recommend it if you're after a change from your usual Indian curries.