“Lovely Food!”

Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed November 14, 2012

I went here with my sister on a trip to Chester this month. We had intended to eat elsewhere but popped here when passing after things didn't pan out. I am very glad that we did! The service was quick and friendly without being at all overbearing. The atmosphere was pleasant and the food was wonderful! I don't think I have ever tried South Indian curries before and they have a much lighter, more fragrant taste which I enjoyed. The portions were also very generous. I will go back here if I return to Chester at any point.

1  Thank Victoria G

Reviewed November 10, 2012 via mobile

Popadoms 1 each? And some strange spicy cones? Mint yogurt dip was off and no onion. Onion bajas were not home made tasted worse than supermarket bought and were too spicy for my liking. Chicken korma was creamy very bland and no sweetness it just tasted like something was missing. Naan bread is flat not really like it should be. My friend had a steak which was very dry and overdone but the roasted lamb was very good. We waited 45 mins at least for our food so only ate some of the korma as i was starving. If u want a good curry go across the road to step in India or one next to Abbey taxis much better food. Wouldn't go there again.

1  Thank pippilongstocking85
Reviewed November 9, 2012

I booked for a quiet evening with my wife on a saturday evening as I had walked past and seen the place. The evening turned out to be quite special. We started with the dosa split between 2 -DELICIOUS- we have never tried this before and will definitely try again. For main courses we had Nilgiri chicken and Mysor lamb both were hot and tasty with plenty of fresh flavours coming through. The desert was great-carrot halva which was recommended and I would also recommend it! The service was helpful and friendly and the place was nice and warm-we will definitely go back

1  Thank Dave S
Reviewed November 8, 2012

This restaurant was in the perfect location as it was right next to our hotel. It wasn't very busy but we did go quite early in the evening. The staff were great and the food was delicious.

1  Thank Rob B
Reviewed November 6, 2012

We have eaten here on four occasions now and have always been delighted with the quality of food. The dishes are tasty, colourful, beautifully presented and not at all oily. Every dish we have tried so far has its own unique flavour and we do appreciate the detailed description of the dishes on the menu. The staff, too, are very knowledgeable and will answer any questions about the food. We love the South Indian specialities, particularly the fennel flavoured lamb curry and the kumarakam Fish Moli.....I could name many others. It's lovely to see Dosas on the menu too which are served with tasty accompaniments and are great to share as a starter. The desserts are lovely as well- we have only tried the traditional Indian ones but they are worth leaving some room for. There is a car park up a ramp close to the restaurant. Just press the restaurant name next to the barrier and it raises to give access. Highly recommend this restaurant- don't need to travel to Manchester any more!