“Great Day Out”

Harthill Cookery School
More attraction details
Owner description: Set in the grade II-listed Victorian village school at Harthill and enjoying panoramic views out across the Cheshire countryside, Harthill Cookery School is a new venture from Master Chef of Great Britain Brian Mellor. You find here one week or weekend cookery courses for basic cooking skills such as baking, bread making, chocolate, cooking with fish or meat, teens cooking clubs. It is a vibrant centre for professionals and public to indulge their passion for food.
Reviewed December 8, 2014 via mobile

I did the Christmas cooking course with my mum. We both really enjoyed the day, Brian is great and explains everything really well. The food we made was delicious and we had a fun time doing it. My only criticism is that too much was planned for the day and so we were rushed, ran an hour over and didn't get to do everything that had been advertised. I think this particular course just needs slimming down a bit so there is less rushing at the end of the day. That being said I would definitely recommend this day to anyone!

2  Thank Chickybee36
Clicketyclick66, Owner at Harthill Cookery School, responded to this reviewResponded June 1, 2015

Thank you Chickybee for your kind words and great review - yes I know what you mean the Christmas one is very involved shall we say! We did try and pack a lot into it and finish the year with a bang.

As with all our days we are always looking to ways we can make them better so thank you for your feedback (and sorry it took so long to respond!)

All reviews
"academy"
"introduction"
in 5 reviews

Reviewed August 31, 2014 via mobile

If you want to learn the basics or hone your cookery skills then this is the place for you. I attended the French cuisine course yesterday and it was brilliant. Not a moment was wasted during the day as i learnt to prepare and cook six french classic dishes, with all the tricks of the trade being passed on by the very friendly master chef and owner Brian Mellor.

2  Thank Ravydavy6
Reviewed June 1, 2014 via mobile

This was my first cookery course, to say I was nervous would be an understatement however as soon as I met Brian I felt relaxed. The cookery school and surroundings are incredibly picturesque.

I attending the advanced course for aspiring chefs, I would say I feel comfortable in the kitchen but I did fear I would be out of my depth. Brian is a superb tutor with the patience of a saint (a small mistake on my behalf resulted in some of my ingredients ending up in the bin which was quickly resolved with Brians help!)

The whole day was so enjoyable from start to finish. To finish it all of, after eating one of the courses we made for lunch, we all had numerous pots of goodies to take home to share with our nearest and dearest.

Being surrounded by like minded foodies is a massive bonus for me as I feel I bore the people around me with constant talk of all things food!

If you enjoy eating, cooking and talking about food this is a must have day out. Roll on my Birthday and Christmas for hopefully more vouchers.

Thank you Brian for such a wonderful day and for giving us a peek into the life of a professional chef!

2  Thank Laura S
Reviewed January 13, 2014

Had an inspiring day where I really did gain confidence in myself and my ability. I enjoyed it immensely and learnt so much. Brian was a wonderful, patient teacher with a way of demystifying & imparting knowledge easily.
I amazed myself with what I produced, was delicious food that I was able to eat whilst on the course and bring home for my family to enjoy too. And the absolute icing on the cake was to watch my toddler wolfing down Chicken in Black Bean Stirfry, with chants of "more" & "yum yum!", and the whole family eating silently food I had prepared. It actually brought tears to my eyes of pure joy.
This is exactly what I had hoped for by spending the day at the school but had no idea the amount of vegetables that can be used, the happiness that can be found in cooking and the comprehension of what a kitchen actually is! So grateful and can't wait to return and learn more. Highly recommend this school to anyone!