“Where did that day go”

Harthill Cookery School
Ranked #1 of 2 Food & Drink in Chester
More attraction details
Owner description: Set in the grade II-listed Victorian village school at Harthill and enjoying panoramic views out across the Cheshire countryside, Harthill Cookery School is a new venture from Master Chef of Great Britain Brian Mellor. You find here one week or weekend cookery courses for basic cooking skills such as baking, bread making, chocolate, cooking with fish or meat, teens cooking clubs. It is a vibrant centre for professionals and public to indulge their passion for food.
Reviewed September 6, 2013

I attended Harthill Cookery School on Saturday 31 August 2013 with the object of the day being to learn about French cuisine and also do a bit of cooking. I was at the school because my friends had bought me a voucher for my 60th birthday. So that sets the background to my day but what was it like. To be honest it was absolutely fantastic with every aspect of the day surpassing my initial expectations. For a start both Brian and Irina are brilliant hosts and they set the relaxed atmosphere from the moment that you arrive. Brian especially is a great cook and teacher and during the day I learnt many new skills and amazed myself that I could cook bread and other dishes that were really delicious. This is a great business and deserves to do well in the future. Also if any one out there is struggling for an idea for a special gift or present then a day at Harthill cannot go wrong. My best wishes to Brian and Irina in developing their business going forwards.

Phil Smith (Now a better cook than before the 31 August)

2  Thank bushes27
There are newer reviews for Harthill Cookery School

Reviewed September 4, 2013

My husband and I attended the French cookery course, and it was fabulous. There were just seven of us on the course, and Brian and Irina were the perfect hosts - Brian is an accomplished chef and a charismatic, capable teacher - he got us all laughing while we produced not only our own lunch but also lovely dishes to take home. The building is very tastefully decorated - the little touches where old school room items are combined with the cookery school are very clever and effective. The kitchen is very well equipped, each person has their own sink, oven, cupboards etc, and Brian knew the provenance of all the food we used, which was predominantly local and all very fresh and delicious. He shared his many years of expertise and we learnt lots of little 'tricks of the trade".
The day went by so quickly and it was a shame when we had to leave, but it was great to take home our creations, excellent well-written recipes covering the dishes of the day, and even a special bag to carry it all in.
I would recommend the Harthill Cookery School to everyone -take your pick from the great choice of courses and you won't regret it!

Reviewed September 3, 2013

This was a Christmas present which was a little delayed in the using, but there was no problem in extending the time. A friend and I attended the French cookery course and it was a memorable day full of useful professional tips for the amateur chef. A range of skills were involved with Brian demonstrating each course before we were let loose on the ingredients, so hardly any need to closely follow a recipe. Brian even managed to rescue my friend's dough mixture which had begun to resemble a 'Quatermass experiment.' We were all amazed that lunchtime arrived so quickly and the afternoon passed at the same rate. A delightful day.
Harthill Cookery School thoroughly deserve all the praise they are receiving.
Mike Y.

Reviewed August 2, 2013

Harthill cookery school was a surprise birthday present for my 21st and I must say, it was one the best suprises I've ever had, so much so that's it was on my christmas list the day after I did my course! The school is professional and friendly, you instantly feel at home! When I arrived there was tea and coffee waiting and Brian had a chat with the group to assess our ability and get a bit of a background, then we went into a well furnished kitchen with large work space for 8 people ( there were 7 on our course) which was amazing as we got
Loads of individual time with Brian which was great, the menu was again fantastic, quality of food, surrounding, etc etc etc i could go on forever,

I will be booking another course in the near future and I would recommend this to anybody of all abilities, it is a truly unforgettable experience for people of all ages and food tastes

One of the best things I've done in a while!!

Reviewed July 9, 2013

This was a 100% unexpected oportunity to enjoy a cookery course.
The location was the first thing that amazed us, And after that, we felt welcome and like at home at all time.
Brian and specially Irina have been friendly and the perfect hosts!
We highly recomend everyone to visit Harthill Cookery School, it is an experience you will be looking forward to repeat.

1  Thank Rosa B