“Great experience!”

Harthill Cookery School
Ranked #1 of 2 Food & Drink in Chester
More attraction details
Owner description: Set in the grade II-listed Victorian village school at Harthill and enjoying panoramic views out across the Cheshire countryside, Harthill Cookery School is a new venture from Master Chef of Great Britain Brian Mellor. You find here one week or weekend cookery courses for basic cooking skills such as baking, bread making, chocolate, cooking with fish or meat, teens cooking clubs. It is a vibrant centre for professionals and public to indulge their passion for food.
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great experience!”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

I have recently completed 3 evening courses, Chinese, Spanish and Italian. The setting is fantastic and both Brian and Irina made me feel welcome and completely at ease.

I'm not the most experienced cook but the course catered brilliantly for the variety of ages and skill levels among the people attending.

In addition to the new dishes I am now able to cook there are handy organisational tips for the kitchen and its a great relaxing social evening.

I will definitely be heading back for more and wouldn't hesitate to recommend the experience or buy a voucher as a gift!

1 Thank pawsey72

Malpas, United Kingdom
“I'm Really Lucky!”
Reviewed November 22, 2012

I'm really lucky to live within a few miles of Harthill Cookery School, and highly endorse the positive feedback from other reviewers.
Earlier in the year my husband and I enjoyed a 'Dine & Demo' evening which was like one big dinner party - with Brian demonstrating the dishes we were to eat whilst we savoured a glass of wine and made some interesting new friends!
More recently I attended Brian's 'Winter Dinner Party' day which featured game cookery. Despite having previously attended other cookery demonstrations, I had never actually been to a 'hands on' day before and was slightly apprehensive. Why did I worry! The whole day was great fun. Good food, good company and with Brian's friendly and easy going style of teaching, our mixed ability group excelled!! The kitchen is new and really well equipped - a joy to work in.
This is a brilliant cookery school in a beautiful part of the country, with some excellent B&Bs nearby, well worth a visit - even if you have to travel from afar!

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“This is going to be expensive.......”
Reviewed November 22, 2012

I now officially have the 'cookery school' bug as I enjoyed my time at Harthill so much that I want to attend cook schools again and again and again. As soon as we arrived we were made very welcome with coffees and teas at the ready for us. Then it was on to the Italian Baking experience and I am now the proud producer of some pretty good foccacia and biscotti, not to mention the tiramisu to die for. Brian, Paul and Irina made the half-day course very special and I would rush back for more with absolutely no hesitation. Loved it.

Hampshire
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Great place to cook”
Reviewed November 21, 2012

I would recommend this as a wonderful cookery experience. The building is lovely and we were looked after from the mintue we got there. Lovely hot cups of tea and homemade biscuits!
The chefs were great and really got our attention which produced great foods to take home.
I would like to go back and do another course, get booking!

1 Thank AndypandyHampshire
Ormskirk
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Wow! Fabulous food and fun”
Reviewed November 19, 2012

What a great day. It was given to me as a present and I have immediately bought a gift voucher for another enthusiastic cook. I was terrified the day would turn out like Great British Bakeoff but it was very relaxed and lots of fun. It was not just about how to cook the food but some great tips about everything from chopping cabbage to presentation and even how to rescue the creme brule I was supposed to be creating which was turning into scrambled eggs before my eyes! Don't panic! Go on treat yourself!