“Lovely Midweek Break”

Grosvenor Pulford Hotel & Spa
Ranked #7 of 45 Hotels in Chester
Reviewed June 2, 2013

My husband and I stayed for 2 nights, we paid half price via a deal online but I then rang them and paid the £30 a night upgrade fee as we wanted something a bit more special. We were not disappointed when we arrived, the room was very pretty and large with a view overlooking the Japanese relaxation gardens (room 27).

We were woken up both mornings by the rooms above, both times they had children so we presumed it must be a family room above ours. The first day it was very noisy and we could hear the conversations but the second morning it didn't seem as bad, but better sound proofing would be optimum when underneath a family room.

The room itself was brilliant, large with a king size bed and comfy sofa. To get to it we walked up a set of stairs and through lots of little corridors including through the conservatory which was nice We had dressing gowns with his and her bath bombs on our bed and a decent hot beverage tray. The room would benefit from having a minibar so we could have cold soft drinks.

The hotel is only 10-15 minutes away from the town center and we drove in both days.

We used the spa facilities which were handy but not the best we have used- the pool was large but very, very cold which doesn't lend itself to relaxing so we left after 25 minutes (which is a shame as both myself and my husband like to use spa facilities whenever possible).

We ate at the Nelson's bar onsite on the second night, it was ok but not worth the cost of the food and they got my wine order wrong twice and pudding order wrong once. Next time we will definitely go back into town and eat.

Overall, very good stay, but we would always pay for a better room (it is worth it).

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,712)

Reviewed June 1, 2013 via mobile

Overall the hotel is really nice it has a lovely restaurant and bar. Nice pool and beautiful spa . . Although the treatments are rather expensive compared to my local area but the experience is very special. Our bedroom 22 was very hot and needed to leave window open. Certain parts of hotel need a bit of a facelift they seem a bit dated mainly corridors and some bedrooms. I booked with avois via tesco points so I expect that the accommodation allocated was not their best. Some parts of the hotel are amazing. Either way this was my third visit and I would definitely go back again without hesitation

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed May 31, 2013

Really great hotel, we stayed for 2 nights on the cheap rate found on the internet of £68.00 per night. Its actually got a separate spa which is really lovely unlike some hotels which have it but don't seem to bother to keep it in a good condition. We did not eat in the hotel, breakfast is an extra £15.00 per person so if you want breakfast I would book this before you go as it works out more expensive - we went to chester for pancakes! We were celebrating a birthday and had brought some champagne and the bar staff kindly provided an ice bucket to chill it . There are regular busses to chester which are around £2.50. The nearest shop is abound 3 miles down the road a spar. The nearest pub is a 2 minute walk away. Over all for what we paid I was very impressed and would recommend to anyone. The one negative would have to say is the walls are paper thin and you can svn hear people whispering in the hall! so if your looking to sleep in don't stay here!

Room Tip: room on a higher floor maybe less noisy?
Reviewed May 30, 2013

I contacted the hotel via email to make my booking and thought the resrvations team were great

I had seen a room on this site so emailed the picture to ask the price on that particular room, That particular room wasnt available but we were offered another of there recently refurbished rooms. Room 74 is pictured below

When we arrived they had taken note it was for our wedding anniversary, Check in was quick and informative.

Our room was simply gorgeous as per my picture below, the bed is huge and so comfotratble the bathroom is stunning, tv to watch whilst having a soak in the bath, a huge shower (only downfall was that I dont think the water pressure is great in the shower) but was suficient for a 1 night stay

We had booked a table at Ciros Brasseries for our evening meal - only managed 2 courses and well I think the word is WOW the food was so nice, well presented hot and really really tasty would recommend going to eat here even if you not staying at this hotel

Had a few drinks in Nelons bar after our meal hubby commented on the prices being very reasonable for drinks - nice atmosphere in here and lots of comfortable chairs

Breakfast was really nice buffet style with the usual cereal and pastries - Really good quality food very hot and well mantained

Hotel grounds are lovely

I am looking forward to going back at some point and would highly recommend to friends and family

Reviewed May 30, 2013

Had a two night spa break with friends. Lovely room, great facilities and a fantastic bistro restaurant with devine food and friendly and helpful staff. Attention to detail through out results in a very well run hotel that is spotlessly clean, well maintained and sharp.
There is a top of the range spa facility with well trained and friendly staff that the wives made great use of. There is also a huge pool and well equipped Gym.
We all felt very comfortable and relaxed during our stay. The hotel has lots of areas one can relax in with varying styles depending on your mood.
This hotel is excellent value for money and worth a visit.
We all wished we could stay longer.
Highly recommended.

Reviewed May 29, 2013

We stayed at the hotel for one night over the recent bank holiday weekend. We arrived and after checking in we went to the pub to grab a bite to eat. The starters are more like main courses! In fact we were full after them so retired to the swimming pool for a swim and steam. Excellent facilities and immaculately clean. We then went and sat in the asian garden on the way back to the room which was lovely and relaxing. In the evening we went back to the pub (didn't fancy a carvery in Ciro's) and thoroughly enjoyed the thai green curry and beef & ale pie. We stayed in room 68 (executive room) which was a beautifully decorated modern room - unfortunately no view :(
The buffet breakfast in the morning was all very fresh and well enjoyed. We checked out on Monday morning and made our way to Chester Zoo. A fantastic two days all in all to recharge the batteries.
Just bought a voucher from living social for £75.00 so we can stay again :) I can't wait.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

On arrival the hotel looks grand with ample parking. Spacious reception with the usual display where leaflets can be chosen for local attractions ect. The reception staff were very attentive and helpful.
The room was adequate for our needs, very clean and well presented...set out in the same way as most hotels rooms are. The usual tea, coffee, hot chocolate & biscuits were provided (kettle too of course) however not enough milk, as is always the case. My 3 nights there were very comfortable, no noise from other guests was heard.
Each morning we made our way down to the restaurant to eat a buffet style continental breakfast. There was ample choice and very tasty.
My friend and I had booked a 1 day spa experience at Kasia within the hotel. This I have to say was AMAZING!! The only issue I had was that to enter Kasia Spa from the hotel you had to walk through the dinning room!! However, from the moment we entered until leaving it was pure luxury. We even indulged on an extra treatment each, it was so good. The 2 course lunch provided was exceptionally nice.
The hotel is about 10-15 mins drive away from Chester itself, and roughly the same time away from Chester zoo. So, location wise it's very good.
We only stayed on a B&B basis and opted not to eat evening meal in the hotel, so I can not comment on the hotels other menu's. There are plenty of other places to eat-out in the area, I used my mobile phone to search for restaurants.
On the whole I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends