My husband and I stayed for 2 nights, we paid half price via a deal online but I then rang them and paid the £30 a night upgrade fee as we wanted something a bit more special. We were not disappointed when we arrived, the room was very pretty and large with a view overlooking the Japanese relaxation gardens (room 27).
We were woken up both mornings by the rooms above, both times they had children so we presumed it must be a family room above ours. The first day it was very noisy and we could hear the conversations but the second morning it didn't seem as bad, but better sound proofing would be optimum when underneath a family room.
The room itself was brilliant, large with a king size bed and comfy sofa. To get to it we walked up a set of stairs and through lots of little corridors including through the conservatory which was nice We had dressing gowns with his and her bath bombs on our bed and a decent hot beverage tray. The room would benefit from having a minibar so we could have cold soft drinks.
The hotel is only 10-15 minutes away from the town center and we drove in both days.
We used the spa facilities which were handy but not the best we have used- the pool was large but very, very cold which doesn't lend itself to relaxing so we left after 25 minutes (which is a shame as both myself and my husband like to use spa facilities whenever possible).
We ate at the Nelson's bar onsite on the second night, it was ok but not worth the cost of the food and they got my wine order wrong twice and pudding order wrong once. Next time we will definitely go back into town and eat.
Overall, very good stay, but we would always pay for a better room (it is worth it).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The award winning Grosvenor Pulford Hotel & Spa with its beautiful 19th Century original building has been tastefully and expertly extended to incorporate a vast range of facilities and accommodation. Nestled in the Cheshire countryside this hotel is ideally located just a five minute drive from Chester's historic city centre, yet a stone's throw from the border of Wales. Privately owned, this four star hotel offers 73 bedrooms all with en-suite facilities, while two restaurants provide guests with a choice of dining. The AA Rosette awarded Ciro's Brasserie is a magnificent Mediterranean themed restaurant specialising in modern European cuisine cooked using fresh, seasonal, local produce, while Nelson's Bar, the hotel's gastro-pub offers traditional ales and a wide selection of bar meals. Within the hotel is also Spa by Kasia, the North West's most exclusive and opulent spa. This luxury retreat offers 6 indulgent treatment suites, 3 relaxation rooms, a couple's VIP suite, traditional Hamman, Roman style swimming pool, Jacuzzi, steam room, sauna, gymnasium, outdoor tennis court, Spa Boutique, Spa Eatery, and the unique and stunning Asian Sensory Garden. This welcoming hotel, with its stunning backdrop of the welsh mountains, is the perfect base from which to explore the beauty of Wales, Cheshire, the famous Roman city of Chester and The Wirral. There is an abundance of local attractions in and around the surrounding area, which include Chester Cathedral, Chester Race Course, Chester Zoo, Blue Planet Aquarium, McArthur Glen Designer Outlet, Beeston Castle, Castles of North Wales, Tatton Park, Ness Botanical Gardens and many more! The hotel offers ample free parking and complimentary internet access throughout and is easily accessible from the motorway network A55, M53, M56 and M6, and the international airports of Manchester and Liverpool. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, getaroom.com, Orbitz, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and TripOnline SA so you can book your Grosvenor Pulford Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grosvenor Pulford Hotel Chester
- Grosvenor Pulford Hotel And Spa
- Grosvenor Pulford Chester
- Hotel Grosvenor Pulford