We stayed for one night and did the valentines rat pack evening.
We arrived on Friday and headed to nelsons bar for a snack. We had a baked potatoe which was poor to say the least. No way was it fresh and yes we ate it but regretted it.
We went to our room which was No2 12x10 isn't my idea of a decent room. The bathroom was off it and to be honest not bad. The bed is about 6' away from the door, which leads out to the public passage way. This meant we had to high tail it to the bathroom every time we opened the door. On top of the fact everyone can see you in bed if the door is open the window opens out onto a courtyard, which means you have to have the blinds shut all day because people are either looking it from there table as they either have a drink or have popped out for a smoke. I think goldfish bowl covers it.
The grovenor suit were we ate was lovely and the staff very good. The food was really nice but Unfortunatley the singer was poor. Now you may think I've got a bee in my bonnet because of the room, but the other 5-6 couple who left before us cant be wrong as well.
To finish the breakfast was one of the best I've had in a long time, and again he staff were great.
All in all not the romantic night I planned,and I'm sure the girl on the reception avoided ask how the room was because she knew the answer.
So sorry grovenor we won't be back, and I couldn't recommend this place to friends. I've had far better rooms at a premier inn and paid a fraction of the cost...
if your going to Chester there's better..
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The award winning Grosvenor Pulford Hotel & Spa with its beautiful 19th Century original building has been tastefully and expertly extended to incorporate a vast range of facilities and accommodation. Nestled in the Cheshire countryside this hotel is ideally located just a five minute drive from Chester's historic city centre, yet a stone's throw from the border of Wales. Privately owned, this four star hotel offers 73 bedrooms all with en-suite facilities, while two restaurants provide guests with a choice of dining. The AA Rosette awarded Ciro's Brasserie is a magnificent Mediterranean themed restaurant specialising in modern European cuisine cooked using fresh, seasonal, local produce, while Nelson's Bar, the hotel's gastro-pub offers traditional ales and a wide selection of bar meals. Within the hotel is also Spa by Kasia, the North West's most exclusive and opulent spa. This luxury retreat offers 6 indulgent treatment suites, 3 relaxation rooms, a couple's VIP suite, traditional Hamman, Roman style swimming pool, Jacuzzi, steam room, sauna, gymnasium, outdoor tennis court, Spa Boutique, Spa Eatery, and the unique and stunning Asian Sensory Garden. This welcoming hotel, with its stunning backdrop of the welsh mountains, is the perfect base from which to explore the beauty of Wales, Cheshire, the famous Roman city of Chester and The Wirral. There is an abundance of local attractions in and around the surrounding area, which include Chester Cathedral, Chester Race Course, Chester Zoo, Blue Planet Aquarium, McArthur Glen Designer Outlet, Beeston Castle, Castles of North Wales, Tatton Park, Ness Botanical Gardens and many more! The hotel offers ample free parking and complimentary internet access throughout and is easily accessible from the motorway network A55, M53, M56 and M6, and the international airports of Manchester and Liverpool. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Expedia, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly, Hotel.de and Evoline ltd so you can book your Grosvenor Pulford Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grosvenor Pulford Hotel And Spa
- Grosvenor Pulford Hotel Chester
- Grosvenor Pulford Chester
- Hotel Grosvenor Pulford